Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dent repairs and broken Sunroof

Options
  • 19-01-2006 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Well,

I finally got a decent car for a decent price, Opel Tigra '96.

The only thing needed is to fix 2 small dents (need to be pushed out), and an electric sunroof.

What are the costs of fixing the small dents does anyone know? I've been told that the sunroof probably only has an electrical problem, so an electrician could fix it. Anyone know where I could get a manual or info on trying to repair it myself? I know about electronics seeing I studied it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Bring it to a panel beater and they fix it for you.

As for the sunroof, most of those cars claim with sunroofs so if you dont have any luck with it try and get another one from a breakers yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Any idea what the cost is for fixing the panels?

Might have a go at the sunroof myself, I've found this on another site:

"The problem I had was it was working fine then once day it would not open fully just tilt up on one side.

We removed all the roof lining and visors etc. Exposed the motor- there were 3 screws loose. Tightend them up but sunroof still would not work, Manually shut sunroof using tool from Tigra tool kit them pressed button, the cogs alig ned themselves and it now works!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Any idea what the cost is for fixing the panels?

Might have a go at the sunroof myself, I've found this on another site:

"The problem I had was it was working fine then once day it would not open fully just tilt up on one side.

We removed all the roof lining and visors etc. Exposed the motor- there were 3 screws loose. Tightend them up but sunroof still would not work, Manually shut sunroof using tool from Tigra tool kit them pressed button, the cogs alig ned themselves and it now works!"

No more than 200-300e, i wouldnt pay any more, have you got a pic of the dents ill be able to tell you. But ring a panel beater tho and shop around as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Just fixed the sunroof myself. Removed the roof panelling and found that the sunroof motor was missing three screws :confused:

Just went down to hardware store, got replacements, and tightened it all up and presto!

I've been advised that I could "punch" out one dent myself as it seems to be a pretty clean job, but the other one I will have to be looked at.

Advertisement