Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The SERPO project - amazing

• 20-01-2006 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

http://www.serpo.org/information.html

this is about a supposed exchange program between an alien race from Zeta Reticuli and humans that happened in 1965, as a result from the roswell incedent. it is being told by an anonymous person who says he is ex US government, and he is supposedly still releasing information on this.

imo i think this is huge, but as we all know, the internet is a thriving mudhole for hoaxes.

even if this turns out to be a hoax, it is a great story and well worth the read.

i believe it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Thats pretty amazing. Like you say its a great story. I like the note - "the best place to hide is out in the open."
    The references to Spielberg, I've read before.
    Request Anonymous (possibly the coolest name ever) does cover his tracks very well. While I was reading it I noticed the different writing styles but this is explained further down the document.

I'm gonna print this out and read over it a couple of times. They could make a great movie/tv show about this!

They are very relaxed and candid about the whole 'experience'. It is a great read and I think everyone who reads it will want to believe it. As was said in The X-Files - "Believe the Lie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Yeah this has been doing the rounds for a while. It's a big topic on the abovetopsecret boards, but to me it sounds like pure bollocks. But that's just me! :)

EDIT: I know my reply was a little curt, so I'll pick through some of the points over the weekend, but seriously, the Serpo info is ****, it may have some truth released among it, but I think it's pure sci fi tbh lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

sounds like tosh to me as much as i'd like to belive it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Statistics on the Eben planet was collected by our team. Here is the pertinent data for your UFO thread list:
    Diameter: 7,218 miles
    Mass: 5.06 x 1024
    Distance from Sun #1: 96.5 million miles
    Sun #2: 91.4 million miles
    Moons: 2
    Surface gravity: 9.60m/s2
    Rotation Periods: 43 hours
    Orbit: 865 days
    Tilt: 43 degrees
    Temperature: Min: 43° / Max: 126°
    Distance from Earth: 38.43 light years
    Planet named by Team: SERPO
    Nearest planet to SERPO: Named: OTTO
    Distance:
    88 million miles (colonized by Ebens with research base, but no natural inhabitants on planet)
    Number of planets in Eben Solar System: Six
    Nearest inhabited planet to SERPO:

Named: SILUS (SILUS is made up of creatures of various types, but no intelligent life forms. Ebens use the planet to mine minerals.)
    Distance: 434 million miles
    I'm not happy about the atmosphere - too vague.
    I might have a look at the info above, but easy to fabricate using the info in any leaving cert physics book, which is a fancy way of saying I'm CBA looking for the relevant java applets on nasa.gov / jpl.gov
    g=9.6 is just too convenient
    distance from sun is same as earth
    two suns same distance ! => it's in a trojan orbit , now to check masses of suns ( year length - is this OUR days or Theirs ?)
    Degrees are in F and the climate is a lot less extreme than here on earth, unless it's planet averages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeta_Reticuli
    The stars are approximately 9,000 AU apart. The stars revolve around each other once in over a million years.
    8 billion year old stars, with all that implies for lack of U and Th, and solar radiation level fulctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

It would have been great if it was real but it just doesn't wash with me.

If there were more technicial specifications instead of repeating the aliens names over and over again it may have been more believable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Domain Name.......... serpo.org
    Creation Date........ 2005-11-18
    Registration Date.... 2005-11-18
    Expiry Date.......... 2007-11-18
    Tracking Number...... D108643382-LROR
    Organisation Name.... 4: Property Partners
    Organisation Address. Unit 24, Evans Easy Space
    Organisation Address. Pitreavie Business Park, 15 Pitreavie Court
    Organisation Address. Dunfermline
    Organisation Address. KY11 8UU
    Organisation Address. Fife
    Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

;) Shock horror, Serpo project concludes on ATS as a hugely popular game-hoax/collaborative fiction event.
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

Much better than John Titor I thought :) Always feel a little sorry for the people who get caught up and believe its real though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 binaryboy

an intersting story, thats all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement