Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just to make sure that everyone knows....

• 20-01-2006 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Everyone probably already knows this but Lost episodes shown on RTE2 are usually cut/edited. I'm not talking about violence, I'm talking about slow, character development scenes that are removed to make room for ad breaks. I stopped watching RTE2 after four episodes because I had seen them before elsewhere and realised they were cut. So if I were you I'd wait for Channel 4 to show Season 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

channel 4/e4 are even worse with edits than rte, at least rte's are subtle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

"abc" rule :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yeah, I read an article about complaints that Channel four were cutting out over ten minutes per episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

illegal downloading the way forward plus you would be up to S2 E11 by now hehehehehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Edible wrote:
    Everyone probably already knows this but Lost episodes shown on RTE2 are usually cut/edited. I'm not talking about violence, I'm talking about slow, character development scenes that are removed to make room for ad breaks. I stopped watching RTE2 after four episodes because I had seen them before elsewhere and realised they were cut. So if I were you I'd wait for Channel 4 to show Season 2.

I don't know if RTE TWO took much out as the season went on, but they certainly chopped three scenes (and about four minutes) our of the start of "Pilot, Part II" when the show kicked off. They wanted it to 'look' like a movie (despite there being a movie version available from Touchstone), so they chopped out the "Starring/Guest Starring/Created by/Produced by etc." credits from Part II to make it not look like the start of a new episode. Very, very dense, not least because those scenes were actually crucial (Michael finds the handcuffs in the woods; Jin and Sun's awkward relationship established...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

It just goes to show how stupid these ppl are.

But what can you do its free.
    As i said b4 just start downloading...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

SandyVN wrote:
    illegal downloading the way forward plus you would be up to S2 E11 by now hehehehehehehe

Seen it and salivating at the thought of next weeks episode... without any cut-out sections :P

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

doh.ie wrote:
    I don't know if RTE TWO took much out as the season went on, but they certainly chopped three scenes (and about four minutes) our of the start of "Pilot, Part II" when the show kicked off. They wanted it to 'look' like a movie (despite there being a movie version available from Touchstone), so they chopped out the "Starring/Guest Starring/Created by/Produced by etc." credits from Part II to make it not look like the start of a new episode. Very, very dense, not least because those scenes were actually crucial (Michael finds the handcuffs in the woods; Jin and Sun's awkward relationship established...)

:o I never realised RTE2 cut them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Its not free at all man, license fee is hefty enough especially since you cant not pay due to poor or no service. Hell you even have to pay if its not even hooked up to recieve tv, like a cctv tv or one for playstation or the like

Advertisement