Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a link to Directors "powers"

Options
  • 20-01-2006 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Myself and another resident joined the board of directors for our management company.

We've attended as many meetings as possible (3 out of a possible 4), for the 1 meeting we couldn't attend, it was because the location was Sandyford during rushhour. We live on the northside, and for every other meeting they are always held in the local.

Yet again a very serious meeting is due shortly, and 2 other directors have agreed it be held again in Sandyford during business hours. i.e. 4pm

Its pretty much impossible for myself or my friend (the othe director) to attend. Is there anyway we can force the meeting to change location and time ?

Comments

Your Solicitor will have the Articles of Association. Afaik, there is a strict notice procedure for general meetings, but I don't believe it is so strict for directors meetings - I'll have a look at other companies and get back.

But it's a bit risky of them to try and antagonise other directors, I would have thought it's bad enough dealing with tenant problems.

Edit - checked two different companies, both of them had very loose requirements regarding directors meetings, both started with the phrase 'The directors may meet together for the despatch of business, adjourn and otherwise regulate their meetings as they see fit...a director may, and the secretary on the requisition of a director shall, at any time summon a meeting of directors' and a quorom in each case was two. Again though, you should check the position with your own Soliciotr regarding your own management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

cheers Conor - after a bit of pressure I got the meeting location and time changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Would I be right in guessing the meeting is in the management agent's office?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Victor wrote:
    Would I be right in guessing the meeting is in the management agent's office?

indeed it is.

Advertisement