Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midland Range and 98fm...

Options
  • 20-01-2006 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Driving home last night I caught the very tail end of a feature on 98 fm about shooting in Ireland and it seems that they visited and shot at Midlands.
    Did anyone hear the whole article, and how was the shooting community portrayed?
    I am surprised that no-one from this club informed us that the feature was going to be aired, I am sorry i missed it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Club members were notified prior to transmission via
    group text message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Sure, I appreciate that clubs have the perogative of keeping their business private, yet it hardly seems to be that sensitive an issue considering that it was going to be broadcast to all and sundry on the airwaves.

None of my business anyway, just would have liked to have heard the article.

Back to the important stuff, how did the article and editorial slant portray shooting and shooters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Yep, I got that text message at 8:43 last night.
    Wasn't in a position to listen in though :(

98FM's website doesn't appear to have a facility for listening to old shows either.
    Did anyone hear it, or better still, record it?

Sure, I appreciate that clubs have the perogative of keeping their business private, yet it hardly seems to be that sensitive an issue considering that it was going to be broadcast to all and sundry on the airwaves.[/QUOTE

It isn't an issue of privacy or sensitivity,
    Simply a matter of the club giving a "Head's up" by txt.. to those members who's mobile phone no's were on record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

My number is on record, I wasn't contacted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

wasn't contacted either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

LoL i wasnt contacted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

jaycee wrote:
    Sure, I appreciate that clubs have the perogative of keeping their business private, yet it hardly seems to be that sensitive an issue considering that it was going to be broadcast to all and sundry on the airwaves.[/QUOTE

It isn't an issue of privacy or sensitivity,
    Simply a matter of the club giving a "Head's up" by txt.. to those members who's mobile phone no's were on record.

Obviously necessary to have your mobile number on record and also be a member of the inner circle. Interesting how MNSCI is continuing to be a "two tier" range/club. I would love to know how the plebs at MNSCI feel about being excluded from receiving information from the club and also what other info is not being circulated to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Lol, I got it and am far from "inner circle"!

People seem very suspicious of MNSCI, it has to be said.

civdef wrote:
    Lol, I got it and am far from "inner circle"!

You are a member of the Midlands?

Do you be down there much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

civdef wrote:
    Odd how they're suspicious of the MNSCI, but not of the NRPAI if you ask me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hillybilly

GERRI I am a member of the MNSCI and i am not in the "inner circle",i received the txt message .Mabey it was only the "PLEDS" that werent contacted????????........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

You are a member of the Midlands?

Do you be down there much?

Yes.

Not as often as I'd like.

a member of the inner circle

Me...?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:

You have got to be kidding..:D
    Interesting how MNSCI is continuing to be a "two tier" range/club.

Not in my experience ..!

Unless you are talking about the "Management / comittee level " ..that every organisation has and needs .:confused:
    I would love to know how the plebs at MNSCI feel about being excluded from receiving information from the club and also what other info is not being circulated to them.

Well.., speaking as a "Pleb" (your expression) ,
    (I don't feel like one , and have never been made to feel like one..)

All information is posted on the clubhouse noticeboard , which all members are supposed to read. There are also notices seeking the involvement of members to help out with various activitys and events... I've often seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

I got the text, although I'm a member, I am not part of any inner circle if even such a thing exists. I have nothing but praise for all the guys there - always willing to help out a newbie like me - they are helpful, polite, informative, and professional. Have seen some detractors in various threads here and cannot understand where / why so many complaints (from so few people). I go there to enjoy my shooting, and I always do. Why bring politics into it! Lets just enjoy our sport!

P38Man wrote:
    I got the text, although I'm a member, I am not part of any inner circle if even such a thing exists. I have nothing but praise for all the guys there - always willing to help out a newbie like me - they are helpful, polite, informative, and professional. Have seen some detractors in various threads here and cannot understand where / why so many complaints (from so few people). I go there to enjoy my shooting, and I always do. Why bring politics into it! Lets just enjoy our sport!

i so agree with this sound man!

Lets enjoy shooting,

Advertisement