Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jake Roberts - Pick Your Poison

• 20-01-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

http://www.sky.com/skycom/tvguide/0,,523-6-48970409,00.html

This is another of the WWE Specials that Sky are doing of late.
    Just an hour long, watered-down version of the actual Dvd release, like the ones they did on LOD, Benoit, Undertaker and The Greatest Stars of the 80's, but still worth a watch.

Speaking of the full Dvd, anyone seen it?

Don't think Jake played a part in the production, which I think is essential for a really good one, but I don't think it was a burial job like the Warrior one either, but i have'nt seen it so i might be wrong...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I bought it. Its an hour long of Jake Roberts, a mixture of his carreer and his personal life. The bits about his life are to say the least disturbing .

I dunno I'm trying to find the words to describe it. While he talks openly about his life I still kinda felt it was all a front. I'm not sure if that makes sense. You can never quite tell with him.
    Its worth buying the dvd alone for some of his promos. They were brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Only an hour long? Does'nt sound like great value.
    Must be showing a fair bit of it on Sky next week, although with the length of the ad breaks maybe not.
    Heardparts of his private life alright, from the "Beyond the Mat" movie, he was talking about the origins of his birth and the tragic things that have happened to his family, not pleasant alright.And the segment with the daughter he never sees showing her scrapbook was plain weird.
    Plus Vince's comment about never knowing if he was talking to Jake the person or Jake the performer always stuck with me.
    Yet a friend of mine met him at the Tallaght show he did a few years ago and he couldn’t have been friendlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

didn't he try to sue over the crack cocaine stories in beyond the mat?
    nobody really said anything bad about him in that movie so i can't see them burying him. it seemed they were all fond of him and felt sorry for him over the path he chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Just while were talking about documentries I was flicking around digital today in my friends house and came across a docu on Abdullah the Butcher. The guy is freakin insane, really good watch. The scars on his head are sick. If you see it on I advise you to watch it.

which channel was it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He says he never watched Beyond The Mat, so I doubt he tried to sue. I've seen the dvd, disturbing documentary piece, and the extras are brilliant! Some of his promos were so ****in good. Haven't watched it all yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

julep wrote:
    which channel was it on?

If that was directed at me then saw it on the Wrestling Channel.

didn't see it listed, but i'm sure it will be on again.

Advertisement