Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when is the actual new broadband speeds gonna happen

• 20-01-2006 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

ive heard that they are doin something from tonight till tomorrow...and then i heard somewere else that there doing something on the 4th of april that will last more than a week....im just confused ..are we gettin the new speeds tomorrow or in april...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

No its Between Tonight @ 10pm and Tomorrow @ 6pm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

are u sure on this ...irishpimp dude..who ever ya are..ya dont really sound like a pimp :cool:

:rolleyes: Haha Badboy off topic, yes im sure just read all the threads or take a look at eircoms website... Im sure you prob have an iggy though "iggyman"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

iggyman wrote:
    ive heard that they are doin something from tonight till tomorrow...and then i heard somewere else that there doing something on the 4th of april that will last more than a week....im just confused ..are we gettin the new speeds tomorrow or in april...?

Starts 24/01 (or slightly before)

Are you sure? i thought it was tonight

• Advertisement

and does this date count for all isp's...utv,eircom etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Netsource and a few others have stated that upgrades are happening tonight, but I've heard the 24th being mentioned also....I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Right,

To end this....

Work will begin tonight on the exchanges.

This will upgrade speeds for ALL providers, eircom, Digiweb, BT etc Who sell the eircom Bitstream products. This does NOT impact on the Local loop unbundled services, such as Smart, Some of BT's stuff etc...

Most people should ge the new speeds but a small number will not - remember DSL is Rate adaptive, i.e. if the copper is poor or you are at the very edge of the coverage zone you may not get the new speeds. The % of people who do NOT get the new speeds should be small.

The official upgrade date is the 24th of Jan and most people will be upgraded "around this date" - so really from this weekend onwards and for a period of a few weeks people will be upgraded.

The upgrades will cause some outages during the works, some short some a bit longer but all should be out of business hours unless emergency works are required.

Now, go away :D

just one more question crawler..does utv broadband fall into the eircom bitstream product thingy..or is a local loop thing..thanks for the help in anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

anyone got a link for further reading on this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

iggyman wrote:
    just one more question crawler..does utv broadband fall into the eircom bitstream product thingy..or is a local loop thing..thanks for the help in anyway

I'll help you out Crawler :)

UTV are a user of Eircoms bitsream service, so they will get the upgrades at the same time as Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Try www,boards.ie. All over the place :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Keyzer wrote:

This thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872265

@iggyman: Yes, UTV will be upgraded too.

Advertisement