Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike was nicked :-/

• 20-01-2006 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

so Im looking at getting another asap. It was a suzuki GN 125 and it was very cheap and reliable. Im now looking at the yamaha majesty 125. anyone have any experience with them? I drove one yesterday and liked the feel of it. Im still on my provisional A so Im not going out of group 2 so I can keep my insurance down.

hope yous can help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

sorry about the bike, was it robbed recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

sorry to hear that darkbeatz - i'd say you spent many an hour picturing in your mind the image of you beating the living crap out the scumbags that nicked it. B@stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

cheers fellas, yeah it was nicked on wednesday night from outside my mams house. i park it in front of her sitting room window behind hedges but they must have had their eye on it. it wasnt really worth a lot but it was worth a lot to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The majesty 125 is supposed to be a bit heavy for the engine size. They're supposed to be reliable. Just make sure you take your test on a 250cc bike so you can move up to something bigger soon. Also did you have your bike locked when it was robbed?
    I use a disc lock and a chain when locking for the night. I also cover the bike with a crummy looking cheap cover. This keeps the knackers passing by from nicking it although it won't stop the pros(not much will stop them though) When parking in town I just make sure my bike is locked better than the one next to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

thanks for the advice pigeon will keep that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

sorry to hear about the bike, someone tried mine over the w/end and when they realised they would be only going around in circles with the lock on they just droped the thing on my drive....anyway thats my sob story for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I've had two bikes stolen and one stripped cause the could'nt take it. Its a sickening feeling but sometimes I'm happy I did'nt catch them doing it as I'm 100% sure I'd be sitting in a cell now. It's a low life dirtbird who takes someones form of transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

Just make sure you take your test on a 250cc bike so you can move up to something bigger soon.

Is there a particular need to do your test on a 250cc...Whats the difference if you do it on a 125?
    When parking in town I just make sure my bike is locked better than the one next to it.

I've heard of people locking their bikes up to another bike, Do other bikers mind this?...like in the middle of Dublin or any other busy city like Cork where you dont know the biker parked next to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

scorphonic wrote:
    Is there a particular need to do your test on a 250cc...Whats the difference if you do it on a 125?
    To get a full A licence, you need to do the test on a bike greater than 125cc. You could do an A1 test on a 125cc bike, but then you're back to provisional land if you want to get a bigger bike. In most cases, the next size up is 250cc, though there are a few exceptions of 150cc, etc.
    I've heard of people locking their bikes up to another bike, Do other bikers mind this?...like in the middle of Dublin or any other busy city like Cork where you dont know the biker parked next to you!
    I'd be pretty annoyed if I came back to my bike to find someone else locked to it, and I can't move, tbh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

seamus wrote:
    I'd be pretty annoyed if I came back to my bike to find someone else locked to it, and I can't move, tbh. :)

No need to lock it TO the other bike .... just loop your chain round the other person's chain. Then both can unlock whenever they want .... I've no problem with anyone doing this to mine, but I don't do it to others, I'd rather find a good pole to lock to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement