Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oranmore - Fortune teller

Options
  • 20-01-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever heard of or visited a fortune teller in Oranmore? I think her name is Zimmerman! There was some story that she had cancer and then recovered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah she had some sort of illness. I know that from work where I had to process a form from her. I thought the name was unusual and my boss started telling me about how she was a fortune reader! I'd never heard of her before that.

Don't know anything about her though other then that. Apparently she hasn't done it in awhile....? Or maybe I'm wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

She has one of the best reputations as a fortune teller. I think she stopped doing it a while back. Several of my family and friends have gone to see her (ages ago) and she was spot on, even named people. The only negative thing I heard was that you may have an appointment, turn up and she wouldn't see you then (due to being ill) I would love to have gone to her but couldn't get an appointment whenever I'd be in Galway. I heard on many occasions that when people are missing the Gardai have contacted her in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

Yeah well, the story goes that Mrs. Zimmeran is very legit. Most my family have been there over the years and she's always been bang on. And yes, she was very sick as far as I know and doesnt really do it anymore. Most infamous story about her was she got very upset giving a young man a reading, so upset she wrote something down, sealed it in an envelope, told him not to open it until he reached home. Poor guy was killed in a motorcycle accident on the way home. Apparently note inside said God bless you!

However, MADAM BRIDGETTE is still operating outside the imperial..... "SHE SEES DEAD PEOPLE!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 nashox

I never heard about her...hmm. sounds interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 nashox

I just asked my mum about it, she went to her years ago. She was told she would have 5 children...she has 2. lol. but she got names on my mums brothers birth certs right and other small stuff but nothing major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

MargeS wrote:
    Has anyone here ever heard of or visited a fortune teller in Oranmore? I think her name is Zimmerman! There was some story that she had cancer and then recovered.

she saw it coming

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

sam69 wrote:
    However, MADAM BRIDGETTE is still operating outside the imperial..... "SHE SEES DEAD PEOPLE!"
    Madam Bridget IS dead people.

Besides, look at her sign recently, she's Mrs Madam Bridget. Obviously there was some nuptials recently. Perhaps she's engaged to Knacker-Dwarf and they're getting married when Eyre Square is finished? The winos will be bridesmaids and Radio John can officiate at the ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

So folks, pick an eccentric for next week's thread. :v:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

simu wrote:
    So folks, pick an eccentric for next week's thread. :v:
    You ever meet the Travelling Poet?

Eh? Tell me more...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cityboy

It's Mrs.Zimmerer.........friend of mine had 3 appointments with her and Mrs.Z cancelled all 3.....friend killed in accident 1 week after last cancellation....she is scarily good!!Not all happy clappy stuff!!

She sounds dangerous tbh. o_O

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

She kills those she does not like for pulicity on a forum, rolfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

So is she still alive and doing Fortune Telling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

timeout wrote:
    So is she still alive and doing Fortune Telling?

Shes alive and well. I dont think many go there anymore. She told me a great story about all her grand kids, how when they were a week old, she stayed up all one night with each one of them, and after they all slept the whole night through afterwards. she said shed talk to them the whole night...
    I think that story about the man she told the fortune who died in the car crash is an urban legend. The police used to use her years ago for missineg persons. shes being a great neighbour to my mother and father in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

This women in Oranmore is very accurate with allot of her readings. I know several people ( mostly women ) that have gone to her and they are spooked out by what she tells them. I even know two girls who went to her, and afterwards wierd stuff started to happen to them around the house. And before you all laugh, these are normal, sane people.

We dont really know everything out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Ok so she is still alive! Does she still do fortune telling? Wouldn't mind going to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Iv heard that story about yer man being killed on the way home before about another psychic. Urban legend alright.
    She should have told him to get home another way???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

timeout wrote:
    Ok so she is still alive! Does she still do fortune telling? Wouldn't mind going to see her.

Shes still alive, but i am not sure if shes taking readings any more....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Has she been around for years and years and years? I think my granny told a story about a visit to her (or another fortuneteller in Galway) fadó fadó and sure enough, the bad prediction she made did come true soon after.

An English teacher from Oranmore I had in secondary school said she used to work part-time for her when she was younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

sam69 wrote:
    Yeah well, the story goes that Mrs. Zimmeran is very legit. Most my family have been there over the years and she's always been bang on. And yes, she was very sick as far as I know and doesnt really do it anymore. Most infamous story about her was she got very upset giving a young man a reading, so upset she wrote something down, sealed it in an envelope, told him not to open it until he reached home. Poor guy was killed in a motorcycle accident on the way home. Apparently note inside said God bless you!

The story I heard was that she was giving a girl a reading and, as above, got upset and wrote a note saying "you will never read this note" or something to the same effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mudhole

Here I am, meself, stuck half way round the world, and I was watchin the box, well there was a bit on about some rag doin fortune tellin, it got me thinkin about Mrs Zimmerer, so I dropped a google on her and found you lot yakkin on about "no less" .......
    I used to work with Linda zimmerer (JNR) in Galway, and there were some stories goin around, now its easy (now) to put every thing down to urbad legend, but I know some first hand stuff about what she has shared with people,
    First: My understanding was/is, she does not charge for a sitting, although I believe it is proper to leave a small amount which she gives to the church,
    Second: she has shared some stuff with people close to me that nobody could know that came true, to the day,
    third: she told someone close to me that he would be dead before 40, he was killed at 36,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    there are some other details that I would rather not share, but believe you me she aint no fraud. and that aint no double negative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

believe you me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I like mudhole, I hope he/she posts here more (and that aint no double negative LOL)

would you rather, "believe me you"? :-)

I like mudhole too, aint that just super!?
    by the way mudhole's got goolies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tombabe

i this was started ages ago but am wondering if she is still alive and doing reading.. i heard of a tea leaf lady in clybaun area and she is said to be good to any one have any answers to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Fortune Telling you say?

*cough* *cough* BULLSH!T *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I went to her about four years ago.

She spent most of the time shuffling playing cards and chatting about her relations. Didn't think much of her, except that she was really wasting my time. She charged me 30 euro for 20 minutes of chatting about her family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

Cathal01 wrote: »
    She charged me 30 euro for 20 minutes of chatting about her family.

that would be the best you can expect from these con artists!

seriously, are people still going to fortune tellers?

get a grip!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement