Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds??!!

Options
  • 20-01-2006 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone heard the rumour that McDonalds has designs on the Fusion restaurant building? Please God I hope it's not true. I would rather have Marks & Sparks open a food shop in there. I think it would be more in keeping with Greystones' vibe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Is Fusion shutting down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

where did ya hear that from from moxy i doubt its true tbh allready lots of chipper type places on the main st as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I heard (a rumour) that it'll be in place of Heatons, which will be closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

can't see it myself. greystones village isn't busy enough to support a mcdonalds - the one in bray doesn't seem to do that well and Bray has a much busier shopping area and loads more schools to provide customers.

slightly off-topic - Most of the shops in the Meridian centre don't seem to be doing that well, there's nothing really to draw people up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

i'd hope not, not because of any opposition to mcdonalds, more because my health will go to bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

moxyfilms wrote:
    Has anyone heard the rumour that McDonalds has designs on the Fusion restaurant building? Please God I hope it's not true. I would rather have Marks & Sparks open a food shop in there. I think it would be more in keeping with Greystones' vibe.
    yes as far as I know Mc DONALDS and a pizza place think it might be pizza hut.Not everyone in Greystones can afford to shop in Marks and sparks you know, in fact a lot of people cant afford to shop in the clothes shops
    what is this Vibe you speak of?? Upper class you mean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

valerie wrote:
    yes as far as I know Mc DONALDS and a pizza place think it might be pizza hut.Not everyone in Greystones can afford to shop in Marks and sparks you know,

so it mcdonalds so for you then ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

ccfcexile wrote:
    so it mcdonalds so for you then ;):D
    dont know what you are trying to imply by that remark,but I am sure the
    kids in Greystones will be delighted with it.:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

sounds very unlikely. theres always rumours about random things opening, there was a rumour mc donalds was opening back when the meridian was being built, as well as eddie rockets & who knows what else.

i have heard the rumour about a pizza place though. although i was told it would be a pizza & icecream parlour. the pizza mill was nice when it was around :( would be nice to have something like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 moxyfilms

valerie wrote:
    Not everyone in Greystones can afford to shop in Marks and sparks you know, in fact a lot of people cant afford to shop in the clothes shops
    what is this Vibe you speak of?? Upper class you mean??

I can't afford the clothes up there, nor can I afford to eat from Marks & Spencer either but I would pick up the odd yummy tidbit, surely. But I know plenty of people who would be delighted if M&S came to Greystones as well.

I was simply refering to the "vibe" in which there aren't any big multinational imperialistic corporations on Church Road but rather smaller, local run businesses such as the book shop, The Happy Pear, Cottonwood, the little petshop, etc, not to mention two chippers already in place. The Meridian Point is definately a bit of a failure and I've no idea what would make it go, but I would think it needs places that would make it a nice place to go to and hang out in. I don't feel a McDonalds would create that sort of atmosphere, if one IS to go in there. However, that's my personal opinion. I just don't like the way they do business and I don't like the waste they help generate... there's enough of a rubbish problem in this country as it is.

All this, however, is just a rumour and I'm only trying to see if anyone had heard about it.
    M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The old butchers on the Main St. opposite the Meridian is being made into a Pizzeria, for definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Is there a place in Greystones where a guy can get a plate of bacon and eggs and a cup of coffee pretty cheap and perhaps a sandwich shop for an inexpensive lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

SofaKing wrote:
    The old butchers on the Main St. opposite the Meridian is being made into a Pizzeria, for definite.

cool, i was wondering what they were putting in there, theyve been at it for awhile now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I don't know how I'd feel about McDonalds in Greystones, but if it is hidden away in the Meridian point I don't think it could be that bad. But the new Pizzeria is definitely good news, Godfathers needs some competition. As long as they take less than an hour and a half to deliver, I'm there.

Advertisement