Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Bravia 26 inch HD LCD - review

Options
  • 20-01-2006 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

As there is a lot of people on this site looking for a HD tv for bedroom/other room just thought i'd give this a quick mention.
    picked up my 26 inch bravia yesterday from power city and have to say i'm well impressed with it, was looking at getting the LG or the samsung 26 inch but just decided on the sony as i have used sony's before without any hassle.
    Picture is great on it and very easy to navigate thru the on screen menu's.
    Sound is very good and has a HDMI connection at the back as well as the other usuals plus 2 scarts.
    also has PC Input,Light Sensor,and Picture in Picture Freeze.
    all in all a good tv..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

which model of Bravia did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭gavnolan

its the KLV-V26A10E model, its on http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313132&cks=SPK

but its pretty dear on this, its cheaper in power city or did.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gavnolan wrote:
    its the KLV-V26A10E model, its on http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313132&cks=SPK

but its pretty dear on this, its cheaper in power city or did.

What price did you get it for in power city?? You sure it wasnt a mistake? I sell this set in work for more than the Komplett prices and have had people in that were looking in power city. Maybe power city had it priced as the klvS26a10 (the silver one)which is €1089?

yeah my mistake, its the klvS26a10 model...
    its the silver one, although is there any major differenc in the black one other than its about E500 dearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the black one has a better picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

big_moe wrote:
    the black one has a better picture

It also has virtual dolby surround (meh). TBH the picture quality difference isnt noticable on SD(we have them side by side) so it remains to be seen if HD shows up the difference. The only thing is, if you want a black set you have no option but to go for the V series.
    They're all really nice sets. Going to get my mam the S40 for her birthday.

In the 40" range the W40 has its own sub woofer on the back, the only thing is, to wall mount it you have to take teh sub off.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Stekelly wrote:
    It also has virtual dolby surround (meh). TBH the picture quality difference isnt noticable on SD(we have them side by side) so it remains to be seen if HD shows up the difference. The only thing is, if you want a black set you have no option but to go for the V series.
    They're all really nice sets. Going to get my mam the S40 for her birthday.

In the 40" range the W40 has its own sub woofer on the back, the only thing is, to wall mount it you have to take teh sub off.:D

Any setup tips for reducing the blockiness in the picture that seems to blight LCDs?

My mother bought the 32" version for her house and the picture needs some serious calibration to make it watchable.

BTW the V series has the Wega engine whilst the S series doesnt which probably contributes heavily to the price difference.

Yeah, I asked the guy in sony centre LV and he said that the V series had the wega engine which is much more superior than the bravia thats why the price differs...
    as for the brightness, if you go into the settings ,you can turn the power saving option on, this tones it down a little and you can always tone the brightness down manually or just change the picture setting to vivd or normal..etc

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

heard on the grapevine that this gavnolan bloke is on commission for sony centre ireland....

Advertisement