Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarms - Dialler available?

Options
  • 20-01-2006 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My mate installed a HKC Alarm for me, think the panel is the A12 or 812. He's never done a dialler so didn't fit one, but I want one now for peace of mind when away.

Can you get a dialler for this alarm and can it be fitted retrospectively? If so, does this just let you know that the alarm is going off, or can you then turn it off and reset it through the phone (I'd guess this is only possible on the more advanced systems I've seen on letsautomate.co.uk)?

The phone line will be Blueface VoIP so the dialler will need to use DTMF tones I think.

If theres no way of adding a dialler then what are the workarounds? I saw this device in B&Q for €45 on sale which basically listens to when your alarm is going off and calls you. It doesnt need to be connected to the alarm in anyway but it works off a plug so you'd need to have it plugged in the whole time which is not ideal, and if an intruder copped it they could just pull the plug out. Anyone any experience of this or similar devices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You should be able to get a Dialler Card to work with that Panel.
    All the dialler needs is a signal saying "the alarm is going off"
    You can get ones that will tell you what zone etc, but I reckon any dialler will do that for ya.
    Try asking Here

Advertisement