Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charlesland golf club

Options
  • 20-01-2006 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

seeing as there is one across the road does anyone here play ?? have been out in the driving rage a few times to practise but trying to work up the courage to go out and play (havnt played since i was a kid)does anyone else here play?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

ccfcexile wrote:
    (havnt played since i was a kid)does anyone else here play?

I'm in the same boat as you......i'm also up for a game, pm if you want to play. A weekday mornig suits me best, but this is because i'm CRAP and i don't want anyone good to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

And I'm another one in the same situation - have hacked my way round par 3s and would like to learn the real game. Think I need more time on the driving range first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

Ru wrote:
    I'm in the same boat as you......i'm also up for a game, pm if you want to play. A weekday mornig suits me best, but this is because i'm CRAP and i don't want anyone good to see!

have to go buy myself a set of clubs first :rolleyes: :D

where is the closest driving range to Charlesland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's one beside Charlesland Golf club - head towards Greystones, turn right at Script and its on yer left.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote:
    there's one beside Charlesland Golf club - head towards Greystones, turn right at Script and its on yer left.

YEAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

loyatemu wrote:

The driving range...It's called The National Golf Academy Of Ireland :D .......fec!<in hilarious...you've probably seen the big sign just before Script...you get there and it's a big barn with a driving range.

I'm in the same boat i.e. a hacker..have clubs can't play!

ps. it's a minimum of €60 a round at Charlesland.

:eek: €60:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

I'll get my golf racquet cleaned off and head down to the driving range over the weekend.
    Haven't played a round of golf for about two years.
    If there's anyone else thinking of heading down on Saturday morning, I'll be the one slicing every ball off to the right. I'm only bringing the one bat with me - the one that does the most damage - the Big Bertha.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Marcais wrote:
    The driving range...It's called The National Golf Academy Of Ireland :D .......fec!<in hilarious...you've probably seen the big sign just before Script...you get there and it's a big barn with a driving range.

I'm in the same boat i.e. a hacker..have clubs can't play!

ps. it's a minimum of €60 a round at Charlesland.

I think Greystones is cheaper than that, especially if you play midweek. Delgany has a nice course too and there is another course called Glenmill about 5 miles further south. It has people of various standards playing so no need to feel out of place if your game is not up to scratch.:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

I'd be well into it too. Like yourselves I havent played in years, but I'd love to have a pop at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

anyone fancy going out to the range fri/sat afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

ccfcexile wrote:
    anyone fancy going out to the range fri/sat afternoon

Yeah, I'd be up for it, Friday or Saturday. I don't drive at the moment (no pun intended!) but it's in walking distance anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jamie2753

i played charlesland the other week.....70 nett off 22....im only 17...i think they do a 4ball for 100 euro....ill be in greystones drivin range tonight if anyone else is headin up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

jamie2753 wrote: »
    i played charlesland the other week.....70 nett off 22....im only 17...i think they do a 4ball for 100 euro....ill be in greystones drivin range tonight if anyone else is headin up:D

I think i got an ad in from Glen of the Downs GC saying they were doing Mon-Wed 25 euro.

Happy divoting chaps!

never played glen of the downs.....any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

jamie2753 wrote: »
    never played glen of the downs.....any good?

Top notch course and the food in the clubhouse is fab :D:D:D

we should all go for a game by the sounds of it

Advertisement