Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief

Options
  • 20-01-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to claim rent relief off my landlord but I dont think he's registered with whoever he needs to register with.
    Ive been there for 8 months.
    Can he register now and I get my rent relief for the last 8 months?
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

8 months, well you're not looking at much, i think it's only €200 a year or something.

if you're landlord is earning less than 7k somthing a year then he's nothing to worry about, if he is, you'll be landing him/her in hot water by claiming rent relief.

if you live with your landlord, and they're renting a room or two, talk to them about it, if your landlord is fat cat, then just ask for their pps number and fill out the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Take a look here to see if he is registered with the PRTB http://www.prtb.ie/pubreg.htm

If he is registered with the PRTB, he is likely to be registered for tax.

In any case get form RENT1 from www.revenue.ie

If he refuses to give his details, just include what you know about him and the Revenue can find the details.

Advertisement