Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week--events ideas???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Follow along the lines of 'I'm a Celebrity', devise some fiendish tasks for people to do in perspex tubes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Obviously if you were to do it, in reality you could not do every pub because some pubs wouldn't let you. Organise 5 pubs max with promos and games then finish up in the final venue. Thats 5 drinks then your at your destination.

Brilliant! That could possibly be a runner!

But you can bet none of the SU will want any involvement in this, understandably. Anything that features DIT students locked in public is no-no. Personally, I don't think we should giv a ****, but the SU wont get a great letter of recommendation at the end of the summer unless they keep those in the ivory towers happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

All these drinking parties are a bit insulting to non-drinkers and people trying to give up drinking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

All these drinking parties are a bit insulting to non-drinkers and people trying to give up drinking :(

Mean while earlier .......
    how about:

- drunken karaoke (always hilarious)

Like it or not, there is going to be drink involved at some capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you want to give up drinking just watch South Park episode entitled "Bloody Mary" and listen to the analogy at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

The rag ball on the thurday should be a lock and key event or a trafiic light disco although the lock and key ones are usually better. there should be an event in the big tree for the northside colleges. maybe live band..??

also i may be wrong but isnt the chinese new year sometime before valentines day.. could be a different idea to have a chinese themed new years party one of the days since all dit people were on hols for our new year..

dodgeball tournament...????

just my ideas anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Mean while earlier .......

Like it or not, there is going to be drink involved at some capacity.

Good point, I set out to offer two conflicting points so that you would have a wide choice :D

Now I'm not too mad about drinking, but if there's a drunken karaoke, or drunken obstacle course, I'd always be willing to participate. I'm sure it would be fun to watch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dar_88

there should be an event in the big tree for the northside colleges. maybe live band..??

The big tree is a good spot I went there to a st.pats night out. Blue moose played and there was a foam party

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Misticles wrote: »
    serious and realistic ideas only!!!!!!

Have to say I was looking forward to the orgy. Now I don't think I'll participate at all.

Boooooo....

(only joking)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Hi all,

RAG Week 09 starts on the week beginning 09th of March. It's SHAG Week that runs on the week of Valentines.

Just so there's no confusion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Bring back the Mystery Bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

bohsfan wrote: »
    Hi all,

RAG Week 09 starts on the week beginning 09th of March. It's SHAG Week that runs on the week of Valentines.

Just so there's no confusion!

Great! Lots of free condoms then??? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

We should all do yokes. Lots of yokes. For the starvin children.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Misticles wrote: »
    serious and realistic ideas only!!!!!!

since when have orgies not been real? Clarification someone please.

or
    Bring back the proper iron stomack! Proper sicking "food" - not just lumps of butter/powdered gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Everlast

Went on it last year geat craic... 2 bottles of (cheap) wine each and only 30 euro ahead drive you to ramdom places around Dublin while you get locked last for 3 hours can stop if you need to go toilet.Get your student union to organise it... the bad thing is he only have 5 vans and maxium of 7 can go in each van... goood for small classess.Call phill on *snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Is rag week all about getting smashed as much as you can for the five days? I haven't a clue what its about! Is it in aid of charity or something?

Oh and does everybody boycott class? Or do they go wasted?

Or have I got the wrong idea entirely!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

In most colleges yeah you would be right. DIT however have a strict alcahol policy so most of it is pretty much out the window. It is all about charity tohugh. RAG stands for Raising And Giving. From my experiences DIT RAG week has been a bit of a let down, then again that could just be as a result of not being able to miss any class and being in different locations everyday I miss alot of it. Aungier Street seem to get the best parts of the RAG week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

pub crawl....

dressed as golfers!!
    each pub has a par n u gotta drink that many drinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

jessie11 wrote: »
    pub crawl....

dressed as golfers!!

Golf pros and tennis hoes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

jessie11 wrote: »
    pub crawl....

dressed as golfers!!

You genius!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

get the lecturers to shave their heads (those with hair) for charity...

follow it up with naked models handing out hash followed by an orgy.

beat so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

beat so far

I just want to point out that I wrote that before I was a mod...

...now I suggest a quiet study session in the library to further our educational pursuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

What is the line up so far or is it yet to be decided? anyone else think there is far less happening in terms of ents this year than last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 darragh2009

Hi guys im trying to organise a mystery tour for my class in college, does anyone have any information on party buses or anything? There would be between 30-50 going and would be leaving from Athlone.

Thanks.

Advertisement