Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

nokia 6280 on 3

• 20-01-2006 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

these coc*suckers had this fone on their glossy book and i get an email saying they dont indend to stock this model at all? wtf.
    the handsets they have on 3 are cack, apart from maybe the new razr model.

if i get this fone in england or something can i just get a 3 sim put into it on one of thier packages?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

The 'glossy book' was carphone warehouse's and it will be launched over here. The delay was down to Nokia.

And no, the UK software won't be the same as the Irish one. They've only launched it in the UK for upgrade customers so far, so you'll struggle to get one anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

i got the new razr at x mass and im in no hurry to get a new phone but just out of curiousity how long do you think it will be until im offered a upgrade? (im on the €25 a month plan 100txts/100mins)
    and would that make the new phone i would get dead cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

legs11 wrote:
    these coc*suckers had this fone on their glossy book and i get an email saying they dont indend to stock this model at all? wtf.

if i get this fone in england or something can i just get a 3 sim put into it on one of thier packages?

Capital letters are your friends. :mad:

Who emailed you to say 3 won't be stocking the phones?

If you don't like the handsets on 3, don't buy any. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

1huge1 wrote:
    i got the new razr at x mass and im in no hurry to get a new phone but just out of curiousity how long do you think it will be until im offered a upgrade? (im on the €25 a month plan 100txts/100mins)

Would 3 have even thought about upgrades yet?

I know someone in the UK with a 3 phone and he was offered an upgrade 10 months into his 12 month contract, so maybe about that sort of time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Ring them and ask them. I got that Motorola fone in august and hated it. I asked them about the Sony Ericsson K608i in November and they gave it to me no problem. Just pay the difference between your old handset and the new handset but they take the old one back. I'm on 25 euro package btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

cool hopefully my razr will still be worth something next x mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

motorolas go down in price v quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

motorolas go down in price v quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

legs11 wrote:

the 6680 and k608 are far from cack and the v3x is a motorola, and will therefore more than likely break

no you can't put an irish 3 sim in because it'll be locked to the english 3 network, which is separate. and when you get a contract, you have to get a phone. there is no sim only option unless they treat you as a special case
    1huge1 wrote:

it'll be in the 10th or 11th month and the phones are generally free

Advertisement