Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling

Options
  • 20-01-2006 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭

Just fitted a Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and it seems to be fantastic. Previously I had a 3000+ @2ghz with the stock HSF and now with a 3500+ @ 2.42Ghz my temps are exactly 10C lower on full load!
    Only thing I can hear now from the pc is the case fans - anyone know any silent ones - preferably not any less airflow than the coolermaster ones!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Vantec stealth 120mm

OCUK have em for around €10, completely silent and around 50cfm, I have one and its great, all I can hear is the stupid stock cooler on the 7800gt:mad:

I will have to get a NV silencer for it................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Should have said they're 80mm I'm afraid.

hmmmm dunno then, I will have a look, 80mm silent fans dont move a lot of air.#

Could you enlarge the hole to 120mm with a dremel or jigsaw?

P.s are you the thermal compound that came with the freezer 64?? I have one too :)
    I am getting 45 degrees at full load overclocked to 2.8ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

silenx

theres a guy on ebay sells them. 14dba and plenty of air

Glad to see you got the cpu up and runnig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

SilenX are well known fraudsters in silent computing. Their fans are quiet enough, but nowhere near as quiet as they claim to be, 9db and 11db for 15 and 22cfm respectively are utter fabrications. Nexus and Panaflo are good quiet fan makers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

and papst

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

sionnach wrote:
    SilenX are well known fraudsters in silent computing. Their fans are quiet enough, but nowhere near as quiet as they claim to be, 9db and 11db for 15 and 22cfm respectively are utter fabrications. Nexus and Panaflo are good quiet fan makers

Wasnt aware of that :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yep, silenX are a bunch of lying cheating scumbags.

Their owner used to go around forums starting up accounts and then proceed to rave about how great SilenX were in lots of threads. Needless to say he was found out and they lost a lot of respect. Their amazing "silenx power supplies" are just a fortron with the fan changed, with the price doubled. scumbags tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

conzymaher wrote:
    hmmmm dunno then, I will have a look, 80mm silent fans dont move a lot of air.#

Could you enlarge the hole to 120mm with a dremel or jigsaw?

P.s are you the thermal compound that came with the freezer 64?? I have one too :)
    I am getting 45 degrees at full load overclocked to 2.8ghz
    Yeah, I didn't bother changing to artic silver as the thermal paste was applied already. I'm getting 42C at full load @2.4 but I'm at stock voltage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement