Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil War in the ICPSA

Options
  • 20-01-2006 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

im trying to figure out what is going on between the icpsa and leinster provincial association.

see www.icpsa.ie

here is my read on it so far.

it appears the Leinster provincial association has been suspended from the governing body the icpsa. from what i hear the members of leinster were sent a letter long with the notice of the leinster agm and that this letter told the members that its representatives to the executive of the icpsa resigned due to a lack of information being made available to them on various matters.

the icpsa sent out a fairly stiff letter to all the members of leinster refuting the allegations and making quite a few allegations about the conduct of the leinster reps of its own.

on the face of it the leinster executive look like they have a few questions to answer but word has it they are taking a legal route to have their say.

a strange situation developing here with members of the icpsa suing themselves and using its own money perhaps to do it.

i hear that there are calls for an egm of leinster to let the members decide if they want to back their reps or not but no sign of it yet. a few lads i know in leinster are getting a little hot under the collar about this as they say its a personal thing between a few hard necks and the icpsa thats likely to cause a lot of mponey to be wasted and that has nothing to do with leinster anyway.

anyone heard anything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Going back to when this forum started up (Autumn 2004), there were some shockin rows on here on this matter with the various parties involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

My read on this is that it's similar to the infighting we've seen in the rifle&pistol side of things, but with recourse to the courts been taken up, similar to what happened in the NARGC - see the Irish Shooters Digest from the past few months for further information on that one.

Speaking from my small personal experience, which didn't get to the level this seems to have reached, it's a soul-destroying, gut-churning place to be in but you feel compelled to go in the direction you're going in because you believe that it's the right thing to do (and at the same time, you do know that there are others who believe opposing your course of action is the right thing to do with the same degree of belief). This above all else, to thine own self be true and all that. I'd wish it on no-one and I'd hope for the sakes of those involved that an easier road could be found, but since I'm not involved, I'd try hard to refrain from specific comment or judgements until all the facts are laid out in public as they should be in such a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

To misquote Brendan Behan.t
    The first thing on the agenda of anything organised along party lines in Ireland is "The Split".:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The first thing on the agenda of anything organised along party lines in Ireland is "The Split".:rolleyes:
    Thing is, you hear that from two different kinds of people - those making wry comment on life, and those that are the motive for a genuinely needed split in the first place!

• Advertisement
Advertisement