Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over-reacting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Sarky wrote:
    I hear that when Karl Hungus bans someone, he also goes round to their house and beats up their kids.

What do you do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I believe OP's complaint refers to this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054877905

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Having read the first 4 posts of that thread: Stix is an asspillock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lmao.

Not the smartest pea in the pod it seems from that thread.

18 mins from posting thread to bumping it. Peachy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Stark wrote:
    I believe OP's complaint refers to this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054877905

Wow! What an incredible muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Stark wrote:
    What a muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Bump :D

i think the OP was well offended for being called a nudie by WWM, id take it as a complement if it was said to me, considering the fact that WWM would bother to look at my beautiful nekid body ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I love his repost in the East forum...
    Stix wrote:
    Reposting this here because, i agree it isnt very appropriate in the Fitness Forum. That said, After Hours isn't apprpriate either.

So - anyone here with a genuine interest in naturism.

NOTE: If you have'nt got an interest, don't bother post just to criticise this. You are obviously just seeking attention if you do.

Plus - i will bump it as often as i like.

classic.

bumping naked bodies, an experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Beruthiel wrote:
    tonight
    I will admit to that being the truth :D

What is there another boards beers on tonight?..:D

Enjoy Beruthiel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, i think all the mods on this thread are overreacting...

RuggieBear wrote:
    tbh, i think all the mods on this thread are overreacting...

OI! relax! :v:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'll hold my hand up and say I'm a little drunk on power

powers.gif
    *hic*

Kaimera wrote:
    I resent that remark. Come to GAA and see for yourself or are you just generalising?
    I agree, the GAA mods are amateurs who are every bit as dedicated and talented as much better paid professional mods. :)

stevenmu wrote:
    I agree, the GAA mods are amateurs who are every bit as dedicated and talented as much better paid professional mods. :)

*more talented ;)

We do it out of love for the job :)

stevenmu wrote:

Tbh i don't think the GAA mods' welfare is being taken into consideration but i certainly wouldn't solve that by paying them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You stink of fish-shít!

<3 ropeh

**edit**\o/ 2,000th post!**

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And never in the history of boards.ie has a mod ever been wrong or had poor judgement, so thet line is totally justifiable.

Did I imply that mods haven't? However, that's not the discussion..and it's a much rarer event..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Mods are evil.

And...and...

None of them have any fruit.

Yeah.

Ya heard me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Beruthiel wrote:
    tonight
    I will admit to that being the truth :D

there was beer and i wasn't invited.

*writes beruthiels's name in little black book, and strikes a line through it*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Oh, dear, this is really worse than usual. I almost feel sorry for somebody like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Stix wrote:
    When I say they are unprofessional I mean in their behaviour, not their relationship with Boards.ie as an entity.

I understand that it is a voluntary job but that does not give them the right to call anyone a muppet. Especially in the course of their voluntary duties. If another user called someone a muppet or was otherwise abusive, would the mods allow this ? I doubt it.

muppet.

opps!
    there i go again.

by the way, i liked your pm tellking me you were going to get me demodded if i called you a muppet again.,

so there you go. thats twice more ive done it. does that mean im going to be demodded and banned?

muppet.

i can do this all day....

kaimera wrote:
    lmao.

Not the smartest pea in the pod it seems from that thread.

18 mins from posting thread to bumping it. Peachy.

actually, 18 minutes to bumping it twice.
    its not like the thread fell off the bottom of the forum page in that time....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well it seems that Stix has been here before.

what a complete tool

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

"Surprised? You won't be..!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

In my humble opinion, the OP definitely merited the muppet badge.

But fair dues to at least 2 mods that came out of the closet and admitted the lack of impartiality that can be displayed by mods.

Us mere mortals understand that modding is a voluntary job and nobody wants anarchy, but the herd mentality of some is doing a disservice to boards.

This is funneh, the op posts a thread about something that TBH not alot of people do (i for one dont walk around naked in my house all the time)

So naturally nobody would post because they wouldnt have anything to say, ie: not interested.

So does the OP get completely offended by this?

Yes, hence 2 bumps, and a poster comments on this, only to be told to STFU

They say a picture paints a thousand words, well by only reading the OP posts, you can tell what kind of person they really are.

Stix if you dont like it here, then leave, google naturism im sure there is many forums out there that will cater for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I for one think the mods of these here boards are worth every penny they're paid. In fact, I think the lot of them should get a 50% raise!

• Advertisement

boardy wrote:
    In my humble opinion, the OP definitely merited the muppet badge.

But fair dues to at least 2 mods that came out of the closet and admitted the lack of impartiality that can be displayed by mods.

Us mere mortals understand that modding is a voluntary job and nobody wants anarchy, but the herd mentality of some is doing a disservice to boards.

but you see thats the problem.

the user didnt get banned.

i locked the thread because the user bumped a thread a number of times ina short period of time. a bump is to keep something onthe front page and make sure people see.

i dont think that the fitness forum gets enough traffic to warrant 2 bumps in 18 minutes of the first post, and then bump again after that.

besides, i dont think it was the right forum. at that stage, it was full of rubbish, easier to just post somewhere else, where it was more relevant and wouldnt have all of the dross in the thread on the fitness forum, which i suggested.

if someone wants to come on here after being a muppet (in my opinion) and start making smart alecy comments, but not bother with any real facts, then i believe they are opening themselves to be treated with derision from the public. and rightly so.

the impartiality and herd mentatlity is a different debate altogether.

this is one user, being a muppet and having a thread locked, and asked to post it somewhere else.

i hardly think the secret service will be out looking for me for crimes against humanity on the basis of any evidence given so far...

Advertisement