Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock Court...where???

• 20-01-2006 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Where in Kilcock is the District Court?

I just got an appointment for contravening "Section 4 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order), 1994". Oh joy...

Anyways, any idea's where it is or should i just get a taxi there?

Also, what's the judge like, i hear some horror stories :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

uh oh, take the road from the north campus away from maynooth town, keep going straight til u get to kilcock, take a left at the bridge and its right there.

you wont know the judge until the day of the hearing, there isnt the one judge per court house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

joe316 wrote:
    uh oh, take the road from the north campus away from maynooth town, keep going straight til u get to kilcock, take a left at the bridge and its right there.

you wont know the judge until the day of the hearing, there isnt the one judge per court house

Cheers Joe ;)

..i come home from exams and i get this summons...:( :(:(

*prays for no Broffey* :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Bets are you get the cnut of a judge. sorry to put the willies up ya but he's always on.

I know, im hoping i dont get him, but i've sorta resigned to the fact that i will...

Oh well, max fine for Mr Virus ...goddamn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

What did you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

oh yeah i hear the judge they usually get in Kilcock is very old fashioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh what did ya do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I heard he shot a duck with a pellet gun, the bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BBG

What did you do? Obviously a public order offense? Was it drink related? The judge by the way is Brophy. Cant say i have anything nice to say about him. He'll fine you for drink related offences. Talk to the garda that did you. Make sure you didnt piss them off, they can make it much worse in court.

• Advertisement

BBG wrote:
    What did you do? Obviously a public order offense? Was it drink related? The judge by the way is Brophy. Cant say i have anything nice to say about him. He'll fine you for drink related offences. Talk to the garda that did you. Make sure you didnt piss them off, they can make it much worse in court.

If ya bothered to read "Section 4 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act, 1994" from www.irishstatuebook.ie then you'd see that it's for
    It shall be an offence for any person to be present in any public place while intoxicated to such an extent as would give rise to a reasonable apprehension that he might endanger himself or any other person in his vicinity.

So basically, i was locked out of my skull after throwin a full bottle of JD into me in less than 10 minutes. Moved from the house to 'Nooth and got refused at B2. Lost all memory then, Gardai found me just opposite the back entrance to Caulfields (Super Valu Car Park) passed out. Brought me to Blanch, surely ye Mikado heads remember this one ... :p

Some nice folks also managed to fleece my money from my wallet and my 300 quid phone. Left me in blanchardstown hospital without a tap. No contact numbers for anybody with a car except parents who were around 100 miles away...

I went to the Gardai the following Monday of my own accord to apologise for being a nuisance but the guy on the desk (who was the one who found me) told me he could only put in a word with the Superintendant cause the report was already submitted. I went down to the Ambulance guys and back to Blanch to eat some more humble pie too.

Needless to say i was gutted when i learned the gardai had called to my home-home to deliver the summons..i only gave them my 'Nooth address.

..hopefully Brophy will go easy on me, i aint heard good things about his fondness for students though :(

Also, what good will it do speaking to the Garda - the summons is already here. I know i didnt piss him off, he seemed quite shocked i came in to see him at all..oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

Well if your nice to the garda he'll not give a really bad report of you in the court...I'm guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

I remember this one alright TV

Hope you get one of those sloppy liberal judges :D

munky wrote:
    Well if your nice to the garda he'll not give a really bad report of you in the court...I'm guessing.

I was nice..infact i very nice considering i thought i could only get done for D&D but i couldn't be disorderly when passed out on the path. I couldn't have been nicer to him even if i knew i could be done for it, i was just really happy they found me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

do anyone think its weird that they are more interested in doing you for being drunk rather than getting the people who robbed you? a bad reflection on society as a whole imo.

joe316 wrote:
    do anyone think its weird that they are more interested in doing you for being drunk rather than getting the people who robbed you? a bad reflection on society as a whole imo.

Wanna know whats worse...the Garda admitted there were people he would call "frequent visitors" sitting on the bonnet of their car in Super Valu just watching me. He informed me these people would have no hassle in kicking the crap out of me or robbing me. He wasnt shocked when i said i was robbed...

Obviously, he wasnt too compassionate either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

You'll be grand TV, the fine can't be that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

ClareBear wrote:
    You'll be grand TV, the fine can't be that much.
    ya sure we only got fined a grand.........

brophy is a BIG MAN, who rules the world
    And the garda let us down on the day......he was all like, "nah we know the other guy started it and so on" then on the day we got landed in it.

you'll be completely broke after this one- I promise!

and Brophy is always there, if you got away without him, bless yourself

serabi wrote:
    ya sure we only got fined a grand.........

brophy is a BIG MAN, who rules the world
    And the garda let us down on the day......he was all like, "nah we know the other guy started it and so on" then on the day we got landed in it.

you'll be completely broke after this one- I promise!

and Brophy is always there, if you got away without him, bless yourself

Would it really be that much? Bollox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

ClareBear wrote:
    it would yeah- he's a prat

• Advertisement

Oh dear.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pingpong

I went to the Gardai the following Monday of my own accord to apologise for being a nuisance but the guy on the desk (who was the one who found me) told me he could only put in a word with the Superintendant cause the report was already submitted. I went down to the Ambulance guys and back to Blanch to eat some more humble pie too.
    I remember you! you and your buddy came up the the "Community Hosp", so they charged you.

Judge Brophy has a pathological dislike for "Maynooth Students" just like the Gardaí, the Connolly Hospital and the Ambulance people. Year in and year out, the amount of resources wasted on Drunken Students in Maynooth is unbelievable. As it was me to whom you apologized (small world) about your little indiscretion, and as I said to you on the day, "you're not the first and certainly won't be the last to fall foul to alcohol". But you did apologize, and when you were sober too, which means a lot more to us than when it's said at the time when the person is Pissed.

So if you have yet to go to Court? Take this advice.
    Get a local Solicitor.
    Ware a suit, shirt & tie.
    Tell the Solicitor to mention to the Judge the following:
    #1 It was out of character for you to behave like you did.
    #2 You where so up-set and disappointed with yourself that you apologized to the Garda, Ambo and Hosp the very next day, and indeed to the Court and the Judge offer your apologies for wasting the time of the Court and Garda today.
    #3 If the Judge would allow you to offer recompense by way of donation to the VdeP or the Court Poor box. That way you'll have no record. But you'll need to bring Money, Brophy doesn't wait, he'll give you until after dinner to come up with the money or it's a record for you.

Don't make excuses for your behavior, like "me drink was spiked" he heard them all before.
    Remember, Judge Brophy is in the driving seat, it's "his" court and you're at "his" mercy.
    Get a copy of the Liffey Champion, look up the Court Section, it will give you a flavor of what to expect. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

Mr Young friend Judge Brophy is going to hang you out to dry. Follow the advice above , dress smart,apologies, take what he gives you and dont be cheeky. I have been in his company and he isnt pleasent. He hates students and detests drink.

My mate was up twice on D & D in front of Brophy and did all of the above and he twice had to pay € 2000 to the garda benevolence fund. This is Judge brophys standard charity box payment for D & D. The alternative is to get a conviction and pay € 125 but you will have a record. Judge Brophy was the top fun earner for Our ladys hospital as he gives out so many big fines.

Judges in small courts are very harsh. In the city you can cause murder and get away with a hundred quid fine.

ClareBear wrote:

No, it wouldnt. The maximum fine for this offence is 127 euro according to the law. If he exceeds that I'll just have to say something ;)

Pingpong wrote:
    I remember you! you and your buddy came up to the "Community Hosp", so they charged you.

Judge Brophy has a pathological dislike for "Maynooth Students" just like the Gardaí, the Connolly Hospital and the Ambulance people. Year in and year out, the amount of resources wasted on Drunken Students in Maynooth is unbelievable. As it was me to whom you apologized (small world) about your little indiscretion, and as I said to you on the day, "you're not the first and certainly won't be the last to fall foul to alcohol". But you did apologize, and when you were sober too, which means a lot more to us than when it's said at the time when the person is Pissed.

So if you have yet to go to Court? Take this advice.
    Get a local Solicitor.
    Ware a suit, shirt & tie.
    Tell the Solicitor to mention to the Judge the following:
    #1 It was out of character for you to behave like you did.
    #2 You where so up-set and disappointed with yourself that you apologized to the Garda, Ambo and Hosp the very next day, and indeed to the Court and the Judge offer your apologies for wasting the time of the Court and Garda today.
    #3 If the Judge would allow you to offer recompense by way of donation to the VdeP or the Court Poor box. That way you'll have no record. But you'll need to bring Money, Brophy doesn't wait, he'll give you until after dinner to come up with the money or it's a record for you.

Don't make excuses for your behavior, like "me drink was spiked" he heard them all before.
    Remember, Judge Brophy is in the driving seat, it's "his" court and you're at "his" mercy.
    Get a copy of the Liffey Champion, look up the Court Section, it will give you a flavor of what to expect. Good Luck.

Ha! I had to re-read your post and pick up my jaw, it really is a small world!!! :eek: :eek:

I'll be wearing a suit to court but i won't have a solicitor. I figure that i will have to pay a donation to VdeP/Court Poor Box or get a fine - either way there is no need for the added expense of a solicitor, I am only a student after all.

I won't be making excuses but I will state the facts. I was robbed of my possessions for my indiscretion. I did apologise, unbidded, to everybody who's time i wasted that night - not because I knew i could be prosecuted for it (I naively thought I could only get done for D&D and I couldn't have been Disorderly when practically unconscious) but because I was pretty ashamed & felt it was the right thing to do. Hopefully, these mitigating factors will get me off the hook with a warning/donation.

If the donation is more than the fine then I'll just take my record, like i said, I am a student and I cannot afford the luxury of a couple of hundred euro to donate to a Charity to "bribe" my way out of a criminal record. It is only a misdemeanour so it won't blacken my name or anything. That said I'd prefer not to have it ;)

Cheers for your reply though Pingpong, I'm still amazed you remember me!

The maximum fine is € 127.00 but you get a conviction. If he asks you to pay to charity ( extremely likely € 2000 ) its at his discression. Your much better avoiding a conviction and criminal record!

P.S. he wont listen to excuses and it will be up to the guard to tell Brophy you apologised you probobly wont even get a chance to talk.

Trust me from experience.

The maximum fine is € 127.00 but you get a conviction. If he asks you to pay to charity ( extremely likely € 2000 ) its at his discression. Your much better avoiding a conviction and criminal record!

P.S. he wont listen to excuses and it will be up to the guard to tell Brophy you apologised you probobly wont even get a chance to talk.

Trust me from experience.

I have no excuses..simple as that.

It should be nowhere near 2000 euro. That may be the case for D&D but I highly doubt it'll be similar for a simple misdemeanour like mine.

I have a right to my say in court, so by law he must let me speak. If the Garda in question has any decency, he will mention that i was robbed and that i apologised unbidded.

Also, I'd like to point out that the criminal record won't stop me getting into America, it isn't like I murdered somebody or was found with a kilo of crack in my back pocket so I amn't pushed about it at all. I would much rather not having one but if he's going to extort money out of me he can simply go to hell :)

Finally, considering what I read in the Liffey Champion, It looks like I'll get the benefit of the probation act, this being a first offence and all :)

A case in front of Brophy was a mate of mines. He asked the gaurds for a lift home, they said no. He said go on for **** sake, they siad no go home. His girlfriend brought him home. He got a summons and bang € 2000 fine.

A case in front of Brophy was a mate of mines. He asked the gaurds for a lift home, they said no. He said go on for **** sake, they siad no go home. His girlfriend brought him home. He got a summons and bang € 2000 fine.

Heh...guess the judge was having a bad day. The Appeals court can overturn a hefty fine, but I won't worry myself with these matters now...

Got a copy of the Liffey Champion last week and he gave a 19 year old student the probation act and she caused damage to a property when she was locked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Yahorse

Of course he got a fine. that guy was covered head to toe in human excrement.

Advertisement