Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV want to charge for cap increase

• 20-01-2006 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Evidence that the UTV Internet product department have lost the plot, originally posted this evenin on the utv.support newsgroup:
    Hello users,

We are still waiting to see how our Retail competitors price their new
    broadband services and their respective changes in caps.

What we would like to find out is how our customers feel about some possible
    new bolt-ons to their ROI Clicksilver packages.

1/ How much would you be prepared to pay for a "double your cap" bolt-on per month?

2/ Or, how much would you be prepared to pay for an "unlimited" bolt-on
    (within reason, acceptable use policy applies etc) per month?

We have been observing your requests for an increase in caps, so please feel
    free to voice your thoughts. They will be taken on board by us.

Thanks

Ed
    (Product Dept.)
    So they want us to pay extra to get our measly 8GB/month cap increased to what everyone else has.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

OFDM wrote:
    Evidence that the UTV Internet product department have lost the plot, originally posted this evenin on the utv.support newsgroup:

So they want us to pay extra to get our measly 8GB/month cap increased to what everyone else has.

If you're not happy, vote with your wallet and move provider and tell them why. That's the strongest weapon a consumer has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

UTV lost the plot a long time ago. Thank god I'm gone from them.
    It's a bit Irish asking customers how they would like to be rode. They asked for suggestions at the last upgrade aswell. They got plenty but implemented none of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Hmph!!! I had decided to wait for the dust to settle before making choice to head off to BT. This seals it. Looks like UTV are worried their cash cow of cap charges may die, so they are trying to hold on to customers. So while BT become more competitive, UTV go the other way.

I'm off to BT so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

2/ Or, how much would you be prepared to pay for an "unlimited" bolt-on
    (within reason, acceptable use policy applies etc) per month?

unlimited transfer within reason eh? So they take even more money off you but reserve the right to deicde you've had enough even though you're paying for an unlimited product. Timewarp, it's "Surf No Limits" all over again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

A friend was just on the phone telling me that UTV are getting the response they deserve in the support group. It surely is offensive at this stage for them to dare ask people for ideas when not only are other isps on the verge of launching new products but UTV have asked people time and again to tell them what they want and people have responded in long threads in the support group only to get promises that things will happen when the new product manager arrives or the new product manager is reading himself/herself in etc etc.

At one stage not so long ago UTV were very innovative and probably had the loyalest customers anywhere but at some stage a mean spirited approach crept in such as insisting on new 12 month contracts to change between Clicksilver products or to get the benefit of new pricing - along with this their customer service seemed to decline rapidly.

It is sad to see them more concerned with what they can get out of customers for breaching the cap when even the most reviled isp (Eircom) dont have any cap at all in practise.

It is in alll our interests to have as many companies as possible innovating as it brings better products and prices look at what Smart have done and hopefully NTL will do shortly. BT are innovative too but sadly unrecommendable:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Merik

Hey Dub45

Well said...

I too used to think the world of UTV when they 1st started, they got the ball rolling on competitively priced Broadband in Ireland, where €ircom would have left us all back in the stone age with our 5.6k modems, saying they can't gurantee computer speed on a non isdn line. Rubbish!!

Anway, getting sidetracked :) I used to recommend UTV to everyone I knew, a few friends joined because of me and I'm sure 100's of people out there have the same story. I've been watching whats happening for the past 12 months, knowing I'm moving house and I'm well out of current contract so the world is my oyster, or something fishy like that...

Anyway, have the new house, moving in the next few days, and decided to dump UTV and moved to BT, a move I'd never have considered 2 years ago, but times change and some companies try to tie us down (cheek of saying we should start a new 1 year min term contract because we move from 1 product to another!!!!)

Good luck to all you still with them. As a service I've never had a problem with UTV, but they are just non competitive lately and no sign of that changing. They'll get what they deserve, which at this stage looks like less and less customers.

Merik.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

I second all those thoughts about UTV, I have been with them since the rolled out BB and stuck by them when the did have teething problems in the early days. I got to know there support team and the main Admin, but last Xmas I ran over the CAP and the charged me a nice sum of 24 Euro and when I got on to complain I noticed all the Guys that had sorted problems for me before are long since gone... Looks like the company may be under new management and are just thinking $$$.... I'm in the process of switching to BT at the moment, just waiting for the 30 Days notice to be up which is more cr@p....:mad:

Advertisement