Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Upgrades in Carphone Warehouse?

• 20-01-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I'm almost eligible for an upgrade with my Meteor pay as you go number. I was just wondering could I get this updgrade in Carphone Warehouse as I want a pink RAZR? And does anyone know how much would be left to pay after that. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The pink v3 is only available on o2. It's €229 with €75 credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Gah! There goes my plan to get my new mobile for cheap in Ireland. I can get it for the same price here then.(England)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The Pink Razr is only available on O2 is it not ?

Edit- between opening the reply box and actually opening the reply 30 mins past :D

Follow up q: a representative of O2 UK told me that you could change the fascias on RAZRs? Is this true? Also how much money off a new handset would I get if I upgraded with Meteor(pay as you go)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't Meteor upgrades depend on the phone and your spend?

As for changes the fascias on the V3 - This isn't possible as far as I know.

• Advertisement

I have no idea. I've been living abroad for the past 2 years so have no idea about their policies. Was just asking a friend because he got a Meteor upgrade before and apparently he only got like 10/20 euro off the price of his new handset! Pretty appalling.

It'll cost me £139.99 to get an unlocked pink one in Carphone Warehouse with £10 O2 credit which is perfect for me as I need both my O2 UK and Meteor sims as I refuse to pay roaming when I'm in Ireland and only really call Irish people when I'm there anyway. Was just toying with different options available to me to see if there was any way of doing it cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Appalling? Not really. They give you a discounted phone and between 70-130 call credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

ciaranfo wrote:
    Don't Meteor upgrades depend on the phone and your spend?

As for changes the fascias on the V3 - This isn't possible as far as I know.

Yep it is take a look

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-New-Original-Motorola-V3-Pink-Colour-Cover-Tools_W0QQitemZ6475769275QQcategoryZ20353QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I may be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Barrie wrote:

Fro that matter , every phone has facia's . You have to dismantle the phone to change it.

Pythia wrote:
    Appalling? Not really. They give you a discounted phone and between 70-130 call credit.

Ok, the only thing that was mentioned to me was the 10/20 off the price of the phone. Would be good if I could make use of the credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Stekelly wrote:
    Fro that matter , every phone has facia's . You have to dismantle the phone to change it.

Some listed on Ebay are full housing covers that require tools etc but there's also alot that just clip on to the front and the back(Battery cover) from what I read and aren't actual housings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor do not give you a discount off the price of the handset. They give you extra credit. To be entitled to an upgrade, you have to spend at least 240e, and not have had an upgrade in the last 5 months. You also need to be active and registered.

You get anything from 70e (20 + 5*10) to 100e (25 + 5*15) to 130e (30 + 5*20),

CPW do not know if you are entitled to an upgrade. Check that yourself by either going online or ringing customer care on 1905.

chrislad wrote:
    CPW do not know if you are entitled to an upgrade. Check that yourself by either going online or ringing customer care on 1905.

I know, I had already checked on the website and was asking if I could use my upgrade to get money off a handset from Carphone Warehouse.

Ended up getting the pink Razr from Carphone Warehouse in the UK for £139.99. Cheers for the help!

Advertisement