Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glock full auto adapter

Options
  • 20-01-2006 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Came across this happy little chappy that claimes to convert Glock17`s into full auto:eek:

[EMAIL="http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=725310"]http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=725310[/EMAIL]

Now i dont think it would be the best idea in the world to mess with one of these and with the new laws coning into play soon it will be illeagal to.

But just wondering. what about the likes of Hellfire attachments and the like that can be bought in the US?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

chem wrote:
    Came across this happy little chappy that claimes to convert Glock17`s into full auto:eek:

[EMAIL="http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=725310"]http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=725310[/EMAIL]

Now i dont think it would be the best idea in the world to mess with one of these and with the new laws coning into play soon it will be illeagal to.

But just wondering. what about the likes of Hellfire attachments and the like that can be bought in the US?

You could NEVER own a Fully Auto Weapon here in the Republic Of Ireland!

New law or old law,

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭scout

Who would ever know you chould just be fast on the trigger.

I'm not condoning breakin the law.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Technically, I don't think they're illegal to own or licence here. I seriously doubt you'd ever be given the licence, mind, as you'd have no good reason for having one; and importing one would be a wonderful learning experience in the arcanities of EU and Irish firearms law; but academically speaking, there's no criteria for refusal that depends on the action of the firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

One member here imported a Glock 18 entirely legally!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

You can make any Glock fully auto with a little sandpaper and elbow grease. Of course it will then be fully auto all the time, no selector switch!!:D

Not that I would know of course ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Now here is a question;The Egun website that sells this,says very correctly that under German law it is legal to Posses the part but not to install it in a Glock.Would anyone care to comment on how that would fall up over here?would possesion of the Glock and the adapter prove INTENT to posses a full auto,or do we have an intent clause type law on our books???Does say possesion of a SMG in a "parts kit" prove intent to build a SMG or is it actual possesion already by ownership of the parts?

For those of you who are of a mechanical bent there is a book on making this available from Paladin Press .Personaly I dont think the 17 will handle full auto for long.I am open to correction but the FA glock 18 is supposedly more beefed up in critical wear parts??At least the Bretta 92 FA certainly is a bigger stronger gun,than it's semi brothers.

As for the Hellfire,or any of those gadjets,waste of time and money.They are awkward,flimsy,PITA to set up properly and really dont deliver "full auto" rather three shot burst fire of sorts.You can learn to pull the trigger quicker.

Anyways, Semi-Auto is the best IMHO,

once you master that then there is no stopping you, the best time is 2.5 Seconds shooting 12 roads, 6 then reloading, And they were on target!

FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

Automatic Weapons are Category A prohibited firearms under the weapons directive 1992 EU, transposed into Irish Law in 1993, therefore any person in posession of a Category A prohibited firearm is guilty of an offence, best close the thread and not incriminate anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

A classic IPSC stage, 'El Presidente', three classic targets, two shots at each, compulsary reload and another two shots at each.
    This is how the World Champion, Eric Grauffel does it.
    http://grauffel.free.fr/video/El_Presidente_front.mpg

Sparks now im Shocked you didnt know that :)

Full Auto have always been banned in this great Republic of Ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

macnas wrote:
    This is how the World Champion, Eric Grauffel does it.

The video doesn't show a full uninterrupted practice.

FLAG wrote:
    Automatic Weapons are Category A prohibited firearms under the weapons directive 1992 EU, transposed into Irish Law in 1993, therefore any person in posession of a Category A prohibited firearm is guilty of an offence, best close the thread and not incriminate anyone.

Great FLAG we have the law defined as to what a automatic weapon is.But it doesnt answer my question about INTENT.If you posses this part and a Glock does that prove INTENT to posses a full auto weapon???Does even possesion of his part constitute possesion of a FA weapon??
    If you purchase a deactivated SMG in a parts kit form[IE missing the reciver and barrel say of a sten mk2] Does that also prove INTENT to build and posses a FA weapon????

No need to be so paranoid about incrimination of anyone here.No one has said they INTEND to posses such,do somthing illegal or plan to do or conspire with others to do so.
    As for the individual who had the Glock 18.He can prove no doubt a major clusterF$%K from Germany to Ireland in paperwork,from the Gardai and Germany and has no doubt long since returned said Glock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

At least the Bretta 92 FA certainly is a bigger stronger gun,than it's semi brothers.
    Could also be to aid in drawing heat away from the chamber, and thus aiding in cooling and preventing cookoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

CG your the only one who picked up on the point i was getting at;) I was not trying to say i wanted a full auto and i know i cant get one but here we see a "switch" for full auto. Designed to fit a semi auto gun, which then makes it full auto. The new laws coming in do state it will be an offence to do this but as you picked up CG is it an offence to own it?

Well Chem,
    It is a free part for sale within the EU.So you can purchase it.[But I wouldnt advise you to do if you have a Glock.Just to be sure.]
    But I am still non the wiser if it is illegal to own with the Glock,if the part is illegal itself or just possesion of it is enough to prove intent to commit a crime.[IE posses a Full auto].:confused::confused:
    I suppose you could safely posses the book of plans on how to make this,[unless you are a qualified machinist and have access to a machine shop to make it.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Without a very high capacity magazine (at least 30 rds) the tactical application of a Full Auto Pistol is limited. The only gain you get over say a HKPDW (itty bitty MP5) is concealability and that by not much. What you lose is the controllability of a stock, a slightly longer barrel and (I believe) a slower rate of fire. The G18's I've seen fire have a very, very high RPM.

Full auto can be a good thing if the operator knows how to manipulate the trigger. But with a G18 you really get about a 3 rd. shotgun effect (if that makes any sense, ie: Burp, Burp, Burp, Lockback)

I like to say my pistol is for fighting my way to my rifle!:D

I belive it's rate of fire is somthing around a Mac 10s[1200RPM].
    Only use i could see for this is a SWAT entry type gun.?And then why not just use a MP5K or Mac?The micro compact pistols with FA have been knocking around for years and seem to be a solution looking for a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Some teams use them but I think just for dual-use purposes. They're cheap to depts. ($800 or so). Also not a bad idea for your pistol guys. We have a few team members who are strictly pistol so they can be our "contact" officers (cuffing etc). The long-gunners are cover officers (your long gun is strapped on via tac sling and somewhat unwieldy in a scuffle).

I've gone away from the MP5 to an M4 due to the .223's greater energy. I use 55 grain Hornady TAP which is less prone to overpenetrate walls etc. We're also using frangible slugs in our shotguns. No street shoots yet. I did shoot a pitbull today and one last week with my Glock .40 cal. They don't drop right away (tough critters... I just don't like them chewing on me!) It makes you appreciate shotguns and rifles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement