Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quads/atv

• 21-01-2006 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Anyone here interested in Quads/ own one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

We have a Honda Fourtrax. Two wheel drive. Very light, would easily topple at high speed if you turn to sharp.
    Used mainly for work. Getting from one end of a work site to another.
    Handy for pulling a small trailer around with a few bits in it.
    Goes for ages on a single tank of petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

My friends brother has one but he wont let us drive it anymore because we scratched the back of it doing wheelies.
    They're fun but unless you need one for site/farm work they're just really dangerous toys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am not really interested in them but a few of the guys that I trailride with have them.
    One guy has an old 1988 TRX350 4x4 and where he can't go is not worth talking about.
    I ride a bike but the two work well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

I've a banshee that i've been meaning to fix the steering in for ages. Shame on me for not fixin it. It's such fun when it's working. Nearly bought a old 80s 4x4 quad and a diesel kawasaki one off a guy i know but he has them wrecked. They looked grand but mechanically they were destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

would love to own one but dont have moey/anywhere to go... y?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Ive a Honda 2002 Fasttrax 350cc 2wheels drive. I wanted the 2wheel drive as they steer way easier and doughnit easier and wheelie easier. Overall the 2wd is way more fun. I bought the biggest engined version of the 2wheel drives, would have went for a 400 if it was made in 2wd version only. The 2wheel drive has a much reduced turning circle than the 4*4 ones and also takes corners faster as the 4*4 tends to kreep straight when trying to turn at speed and your arms tire on it quicker too. I get 83mph flat out but it feels like a hundred, i think the 400`s wil hit 60mph.

I use it on my uncles farm and all the fields around my house and flail it around the little country roads where i live too. They`re class, its the best thing i ever bought. The acceleration is class, great fun, being rear wheel drive. Its class flying through much and mucky field lanes cos the muck that does be flying up from the rear wheels is unreal. Its like a muck spreader. They`re expensive toys, i dont work it much, just fly it round the yard. The petrol doesnt be long going either when you`re flying it around for an hr or more at a time. I had to buy a 20Litre jerry can specially for it, as its a waste of time using normal 5litre lawnmower cans in it.

I dont think they`d be worth buying if you havent got land or a farm or something relatively close by. I dont think i could leave it in a shed just to be brought to a beach or something the odd time.

Advertisement