Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitting on girls in da club.

• 21-01-2006 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What's the deal with hitting on girls 'in da club'? If i know a girl and think she is interested in me, i've no qualms in hitting on her, and have an average to good success rate outside the club.

My problem lies in hitting on strangers in the club. I have seen guys do this. They usually start by just grabbing a girl and grinding with her from behind, usually with an OK success rate. My problem with this is that I feel guilty and like a molester doing this. My friends say it's OK, because that's what clubs are all about, most girls expect it and if they're on the dancefloor they're probably as randy as ****. I have no real fear of rejection, it's the guilt factor of grabbing and grinding a girl who possible doesn't want these things done to her that gets me.

All opinions wanted, expecially girls opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

ShyDancer wrote:
    They usually start by just grabbing a girl and grinding with her from behind,..

Do not do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dell6680

ShyDancer wrote:
    What's the deal with hitting on girls 'in da club'? If i know a girl and think she is interested in me, i've no qualms in hitting on her, and have an average to good success rate outside the club.

My problem lies in hitting on strangers in the club. I have seen guys do this. They usually start by just grabbing a girl and grinding with her from behind, usually with an OK success rate. My problem with this is that I feel guilty and like a molester doing this. My friends say it's OK, because that's what clubs are all about, most girls expect it and if they're on the dancefloor they're probably as randy as ****. I have no real fear of rejection, it's the guilt factor of grabbing and grinding a girl who possible doesn't want these things done to her that gets me.

RULE 1. Stay off the dancefloor. Girls kiss different guys on the dancefloor ALL THE TIME. It's fun for them. She won't return your calls the next day. You were just some guy she kissed... it was a club thing etc. She already kissed you, she doesn't even know you, now the next thing is sex. And she doesn't want to feel like a sl*t so she'll tell herself it was only a club thing.

In general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

watch the girl you try to grind from behind if you done it to mine id break your neck

dave1982 wrote:
    watch the girl you try to grind from behind if you done it to mine id break your neck

In all probability she has grinded with a guy in a club while she has been with you. Maybe more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭BigArnie

dave1982 wrote:

I wouldn't 'grind' any girl from behind but if I did it to your bird and you tried to 'break my neck' you would find yourself the victim of a most gruesome act of violence because I'm an enormous f**ker and have mastered several martial arts. The following advice may appear ironic because of what I've just said but I said it for a reason:

1) Don't threaten people with violence or act the hard man on message boards. It's completely pathetic.

2) If you bird 'bumps and grinds' (dude) willingly with someone else then IT'S YOUR BIRD YOU MIGHT HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH.

Jesus. No wonder there's so much violence on our streets. People are just very, very stupid. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

dave1982 wrote:
    I was grinding her from the front, she loved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Grow up folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

I personally don't like it when a guy i dont know grinds me from behind, but some of my friends love it though.
    from personal experience, the flirting across the dancefloor works a lot better than grinding her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

dave1982 wrote:

down scooby down. Why not try pissing on her first, mark your territory and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think your better off tryin at the end of the night, after the club is finished,or somewhere quiet like a smoking area or at the entrance.I dont think clubs are the place to find the true love stuff if thats what your lookin for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't say things like "in da club" for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NikNik

ShyDancer wrote:
    My friends say it's OK, because that's what clubs are all about, most girls expect it and if they're on the dancefloor they're probably as randy as ****

Nonsense !

So there's some sort of unsaid niteclub code that if I'm on the dancefloor it automatically means I'm horny ? Jeez, I'd better sit in the corner instead of enjoying myself then.

NikNik wrote:
    Nonsense !

So there's some sort of unsaid niteclub code that if I'm on the dancefloor it automatically means I'm horny ? Jeez, I'd better sit in the corner instead of enjoying myself then.

:eek: Dont you know what they say about girls that sit in the corner?? If you are going to sit in a corner just dont forget to take off your nickers

joejoem wrote:
    :eek: Dont you know what they say about girls that sit in the corner?? If you are going to sit in a corner just dont forget to take off your nickers
    Jaysus, I should just stay at home and knit. Are there any other rules us females should no about before we enter no man's land ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Sheesh, classy guy, eh?!

Don't worry - if grinding your way around "da" dancefloor doesn't work, you can always try hitting on girls in the chipper, or the taxi rank, or on the nitelink. It doesn't sound like your standards are very high, and someone is bound to take pity on you at some stage! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

vibrant wrote:
    Don't worry - if grinding your way around "da" dancefloor doesn't work, you can always try hitting on girls in the chipper, or the taxi rank, or on the nitelink. It doesn't sound like your standards are very high, and someone is bound to take pity on you at some stage! ;)

*applauds*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ShyDancer wrote:

if you want a random snog in a niteclub, then its a numbers game.
    the more people you ask, the more chance you will have

its that simple.
    there is not trick, no silver bullet that will help you score everytime.

its purely having the confidence to introduce youself to someone.

and dont go up behind someone and start grinding them from behind. what if they have a boyfriend, or the dont like it.
    i suspect that it doesnt work well, and there is not a high chance of it working, and i suspect you havent dona lot of research into, merely seen it once or twice here you didnt know the situation.

try engaging them in a little conversation.
    you know joey's line from friends...

how you doin?

try it. asking someone how the are, is a relaly good way of introducing yourself. trying to dry hump their arse without asking, is not...

NikNik wrote:
    Jaysus, I should just stay at home and knit. Are there any other rules us females should no about before we enter no man's land ?

Is that a lesbian bar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

joejoem wrote:
    Is that a lesbian bar?
    I frequent it all right.

Grinding = no, I'd push hyou over a table for less. :)
    Just say hi tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you're going down the dancing route, try dancing next to her while giving her space. If she's interested, she'll turn towards you. If she's not, she'll turn away.

• Advertisement

there is not trick, no silver bullet that will help you score everytime.

Wrong.
    its purely having the confidence to introduce youself to someone.

and dont go up behind someone and start grinding them from behind. what if they have a boyfriend, or the dont like it.
    i suspect that it doesnt work well, and there is not a high chance of it working, and i suspect you havent dona lot of research into, merely seen it once or twice here you didnt know the situation.

try engaging them in a little conversation.
    you know joey's line from friends...

how you doin?

try it. asking someone how the are, is a relaly good way of introducing yourself. trying to dry hump their arse without asking, is not...

Asking a hot girl in a club how she is will get you blown out so fast you won't know what happened. You'd have more success grinding than doing that, and that says a lot. You are right about engaging them in conversation though.

Faith wrote:
    If you're going down the dancing route, try dancing next to her while giving her space. If she's interested, she'll turn towards you. If she's not, she'll turn away.

Please don't do this, it completely gives the power away and gives the woman the choice 100%. That's what women want (the power of choice) so they always say just come up and introduce yourself and say hi etc. It's giving them all the power and giving the game away. You won't get anywhere with beautiful girls doing that.

dell6680 wrote:
    Wrong.

Asking a hot girl in a club how she is will get you blown out so fast you won't know what happened. You'd have more success grinding than doing that, and that says a lot. You are right about engaging them in conversation though.

if you say so.

mind you, id be interested to know what your sure way of scoring everytime is.
    im surprised you havent bottled it and sold it. that could make you a fortune....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

and dont go up behind someone and start grinding them from behind. what if they have a boyfriend

Precisely, somebody did this to my gf lately, I don't think he'll be doing it again anytime soon.

if you say so.

im surprised you havent bottled it and sold it. that could make you a fortune....

oh i intend to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Precisely, somebody did this to my gf lately, I don't think he'll be doing it again anytime soon.

Did you get Dell6680 to sort him out?:D

dell6680 wrote:
    Please don't do this, it completely gives the power away and gives the woman the choice 100%. That's what women want (the power of choice) so they always say just come up and introduce yourself and say hi etc. It's giving them all the power and giving the game away. You won't get anywhere with beautiful girls doing that.

He's trying to pick up girls, not get girls to pick him up. Therefore, women automatically have the power.

I'm gonna go ahead and say ignore everything Dell6680 says. It's bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

BuffyBot wrote:
    I agree. I cringed when I read the initial post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

if you say so.

This is PI and Im not gonna start an argument that could stray off topic(which happens alot here) but I think that WWM is spot on, on a whole. Different strokes for different folks, but on the larger scale of things WWM is dead right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

asking someone how the are, is a really good way of introducing yourself. trying to dry hump their arse without asking, is not...

0_0
    |

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Shydancer - your taking a risk Id say. I wouldnt like it myself because I would find it crass and offensive and just unattractive.

Also I hate to say this, i mean I really hate to say this, but dell 6680 is right - what happens on the dance floor "doesnt count" in a way. Its just for show.

Dell6680 - I take it you're a player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ShyDancer wrote:
    My friends say it's OK, because that's what clubs are all about, most girls expect it and if they're on the dancefloor they're probably as randy as ****.
    Your friends are idiots. Newflash here in case someone missed it: Men and Women aren't the same. Shocking, I know. Few men enjoy dancing. Chances are, a man is dancing because;
    A. He's been dragged up by his siginificant other
    B. He's trying to score
    C. He's well drunk and having a laugh.

Women on the other hand are dancing because:
    A. They enjoy dancing.

Going up and mauling a woman in the dancefloor will get you a slap (in the respectable places) or an STD (in Copper Face Jack's, et al). Women on the dancefloor aren't gagging for it, or looking for some guy to rub his crotch into their ass. If someone comes up behind and manages to randomly score a girl, you've missed a piece of the puzzle. God knows almost everytime I've gone up to my gf on a dancefloor, there are about four of five guys looking on with a "How the hell did he do that?" look on their face, oblivious to our relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

have to say, in reading this, you paint a horrible image of clubs

That's because clubs are horrible places

Hey 50 while you're here giz an autograph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

ShyDancer,

OK this is the story:

Dress brilliantly, dance well, walk around like you own the place and because you have style and class, you don't need to act like an asshole. Exude confidence and a sense of command. Walk up to girls like you know you are their sexual fantasy and they are fantasising about kissing you, and be cool about it.

Then tease them a lot.

Make fun of them without being cruel.

Do things that don't make sense.

It's easier to bump a girl with your bum, than just to grind her, and arguably more fun too.

Wind them up and make them horny... and then kiss them a little bit and afterwards walk away.

Do something else, come back repeat the process.

Do so in a way they really enjoy and thrills them.

Come from the heart in how you do this, and don't be an asshole, or I'll tell BigArnie you said things about his mum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Do that and you'll come across as a ****in weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

dell6680 wrote:
    In all probability she has grinded with a guy in a club while she has been with you. Maybe more.

...needs to kill a dog to have an orgasm....ignore

OP there's no sure fire method. You just have to take a chance, not with the grinding tho. If you see someone you like, try to chat her up, if you get no resposne, assume she's not interested, and move on.

Grinding is ****e. I've only ever done it when totally plastered, and always feel like a gimp, for the same reasons you cite. It's just degrading to everyone if someone hasn't invited you over.

That said. once events are initiated I'm all about the dirty dancing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

BuffyBot wrote:

Most sensible post here.

P.S dell6680 - you sound like a rapist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Did you get Dell6680 to sort him out?:D

Fortunately not :p

I introduced side of the poor fellows head to my 5 friends on the end of my arm, not proud of it but I felt like the guy obviously had no respect for her if he's going to be doing something like that.

• Advertisement

dell6680 wrote:
    oh i intend to.

well, let me know when its out.

becuase i dont believe there is, and i dont believe you have it.

of course, its easy to just bluff your way through without proof, but im not going to ask you becuase quite frankly, what you have said so far is embarrassing, and i dont want to read any more of it.
    im cringing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

ShyDancer wrote:

TBH, if I'm out with the girls, and some random bloke starts grabbing me, I'd kinda give him a funny look and mostly guys tend to get the hint, if not, then yes, they are molesters, and thats exactly what we think.

If I want to "pull", personally, I wouldnt just wait on the dancefloor like a prized heifer, I'd probably talk to some guy at the bar, etc. But some girls just wait to be grabbed, so just learn to interpret the signal you get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

smiles wrote:
    If I want to "pull", personally, I wouldnt just wait on the dancefloor like a prized heifer

I think you've just summed up what I grew up seeing in country discos. :)

well, let me know when its out.

You'll know. You'll be hearing all about me pretty soon enough.

I went out tonight and got 3 solid numbers, and one great makeout. The first girl was gorgeous, I mean, really gorgeous. She was a true 9. She had a boyfriend too. Took me 45 minutes to get her number and have her saying, "This was like destiny" etc. The second girl was a 27 year old lawyer! That was so much fun. the makeout girl was about a 7.5, she invited me back to her place a few times but I couldn't go. I'm smittin with the first girl though... lol, until I go out today!

To the OP, another problem you may have is the fact that you are "hitting" on girls in the club. Never hit on a girl until she hits on you.

Read that last sentence again.

why would i be hearing about you pretty soon?
    are you up for murder or something?

the fact that you need to post up this stuff gives me the impression you are about 19 yers old. perhpas i could teach you a a thing or two young padawan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Do many lads get hit on or chatted up by women in bars and clubs fairly often at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

If you see a girl you fancy in a club, then just go up and tell her sincerely and hosestly you think she is gorgeous. Be cute and confident and look deep into her eyes not at her boobs! The worst she could do is blank you - but she is very likely going to be very flattered and then just ask her questions about herself and see if you are clicking.

Well that's my no nonsense approach ... we'll all be dead around 80 or so why worry about the couple of girls who might blank you - the vast majority will love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

i findss that the best way is with your eyes. if you make eye contact with a bird give her a big smile. she now knows blatently that you like her, the same effect as molesting her.

be confident. remember you have nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Flex wrote:
    Do many lads get hit on or chatted up by women in bars and clubs fairly often at all?

yes ,they do. i nearly collapsed the first time a girl bought me a drink. TBH i think its all to do with the change in the gender ratio. the simple truth is theres now WAY more girls in the country now than men and thats why blokes are getting away with the molestation technique. and to contradict what was posted earlier ,IT DOES WORK.
    personally its not my style and im not so sure id want to end up with a girl with such low standards in terms of judgement.
    OP - you already answered your own question in regards to this. if you feel guilty then you know your not being youself, so dont go that route. as a guy in his thirties i can CATAGORICALLY state that while grinding does work its made guys who chat up a girl look a HELL of a lot more attractive. mainly because of the shock value of actually bothering your arse to get to know them
    let me put this in capital letter , WOMEN LIKE THIS:D

sure you might get blown out but shock horror women LOOK at whats going on around them (particularly in regards to other women:) ) so if they see you get blown out at least you'll get a rep as a guy who chats women up. if they see you molesting girls they'll avoid you like the plague

i can relate with your comment about chatting up women who are strangers to you. pretty much ALL the girls ive gone out with have been friends first, either in college or work so its a little freaky to know your SOLE initial interest in a girl is a sexual one. but theres no reason it cant work so just go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hey Baybeh...Why Don't Ya Jot Down Yaw Digits!....

....That line rarely works in clubs believe it or not!! Despite being super smooth and exceedingly handsome, I was starting to struggle to get girls numbers!

Not anymore lads, here's a fool proof way to get the women in da club!

Stroll over to her at the bar, or better yet, on the dance floor, real casual like, whip out your calculator and slap it on the table...(or wherver you can find)

In your coolest Barry white voice...ask her to give you just the first three digits of her home phone number...(when she gives em to ya, distract her by whispering in her ear...whilst doing so, multiply this number by eighty, add one, then multiply by 250..)

Sooner or later, after buying her several drinks, you'll be able to extract more information from her...like the last 4 didgits of her number...add these last 4 didgits to the number you got before...then do it again..

Obviously, all that's left to do is subtract 250 and divide by 2...

Uncanny! Now you can call her home phone several times a day and breath heavily before hanging up...

If you don't believe me, give it a test drive on your own home number ;)

If that dosen't impress a girl i don't know what will!!!!!!!!!1111

• Advertisement
Advertisement