Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accessing Exam Papers?

• 21-01-2006 3:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

There probably won't be anybody able to help me at this time of the night but it's worth a try!

Does anybody know of a way of accessing exam papers other than through the portal page? I don't know if it's me or if there's some problem at this time but either way I don't seem to be registered for any modules so can't access any exam papers! It's kinda an emergency as I have an exam in the morning and am only starting to study now. :v:
    I think I'm pretty much screwed anyway but I might stand a chance if I can get my hands on those papers!

Take pity on me, any help would be much appreciated! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

What's your lecturer's name? There's often a link to past papers and such from their personal sites...

The portal page site goes down for maintainance at this time of night, your best bet would probably be to get a few hours sleep, then get some seriously cramming done a couple of hours before the exam.

Damn i have an exam tomorrow too! 9:30 on a saturday is just wrong :(

Good luck btw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

Thanks for the reply! Couldn't find anything useful on his website but I found most of the exam papers on my hard drive. Unfortunately I don't have the most recent papers, which were the ones I was looking for but at least I can work with these.
    your best bet would probably be to get a few hours sleep, then get some seriously cramming done a couple of hours before the exam.
    Think I'll be pulling an all-nighter.. I know it's best to get some sleep before an exam but I've tried getting up early to study a few times before and it hasn't been a great success. (I'm a bit too fond of the snooze button.) It shouldn't be too bad 'cause I spent all morning in bed yesterday and some of the afternoon too.

Good luck, hope it goes well for ya! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

think this works
    http://www.dcu.ie/internal/examinations/papers.php3?subj=BE222&portal=BE222paper

but just change be222 to whatever module you need papers for

i know i'm a bit late on this, but for future reference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

For future reference aswell go to www.dcu.ie > Students > Course and Module Descriptions > Program Descriptions

Find your course and click full course details, at the bottom click on the subjects taught on this course, click the module and then click online module resources... should have Exam papers there...

Thanks for that..

I actually did what you said last night Steve and didn't manage to find them.. Just did it again, all the links you mentioned were highlighted, and there at the end were the exam papers! Don't know how I missed 'em.. Must have been sleep deprivation :o

Anyway, the exam was borderline so a slight improvement on the definite fail it would have been if I hadn't stayed up last night :v:

And now allow me to gloat...

I'm finished!!! YAY!! WOO!!
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hester wrote:
    I'm finished!!! YAY!! WOO!!
    :D:D
    I hate you...

steveland? wrote:
    I hate you...

i second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Thirded

No offence

Lol!

I was only repeating two modules, hence the early finish. And it sucks to be straight back to work after my "study" leave :(

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hey, I've got two exams left on tuesday and wednesday and I'm starting a new job on Monday :v:

I'm going to have fun trying to juggle that for the next couple of days.

• Advertisement

*cough cough* sorry mr/ms new boss, i'm sick

Advertisement