Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircoms Upgrade Download Cap

• 21-01-2006 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I got my upgrade at about 2am from 1024/128 --> 2048/256. I am really happy with the speed increase :D . But the download cap is still 8GB. Anyone know if we are getting an increased cap for sure or whats the story. I heard we go up to a cap of 24GB but i am still 8GB.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The Home Starter cap has gone up to 20gb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

Anyone know what the cap for the 3072/384 package is?

Dasilva94 wrote:
    Anyone know what the cap for the 3072/384 package is?
    30gb for both BT & Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep mine is still showing the old cap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'm with UTV and their cap hasn't gone up.......infact I've just exceeded it so at midnight I'll have to DialUp from home, or just rely on work access.....pity really, wanted to play around with the new upgrade a bit........I suppose I have the day - there's no way I'm paying their crazy prices for exceeding the cap....

to make it worse their Product Team last night posted a message on the support newsgroup asking people what they'd be willing to pay for an increased cap........any the though was of doubling it.......so they think I should pay to have very slightly over half the cap being afforded Eircom and BT customers and pay even more for it then I already am, disgusted........will be leaving when I'm out of contract.......and I've been bloody loyal to them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

kaizersoze wrote:
    The Home Starter cap has gone up to 20gb.

Is that official? Whats the new upload cap?

KerranJast wrote:
    Is that official? Whats the new upload cap?
    It's official alright. http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=13&E=0000000000008864309&K=1779&SXI=4&E=0000000000008864309&St=13&K=1779&SXI=4&case=8808&branch=4
    No mention of the Eircom upload cap.
    With BT it,s 30 down/30 up for plus and 20 down/20 up for basic

Edit: Correction Eircom Home starter cap is gone to 24gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Cool thanks. I'm presuming the upload cap will increase. It's pretty pointless having a 2Mb line now with the measly 1Gb upload cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

kaizersoze wrote:
    It's official alright. http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=13&E=0000000000008864309&K=1779&SXI=4&E=0000000000008864309&St=13&K=1779&SXI=4&case=8808&branch=4
    No mention of the Eircom upload cap.
    With BT it,s 30 down/30 up for plus and 20 down/20 up for basic

Edit: Correction Eircom Home starter cap is gone to 24gb

Link no longer works (session)

Edit: all the support pages are off line, maybe they are updating the info or something

god's toy wrote:
    Link no longer works (session)

Edit: all the support pages are off line, maybe they are updating the info or something
    Yeah. All the support pages have been offline for a whle now.
    The session cookies don't effect the support site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd imagine you'd have to wait til the end of the month for the cap increases to come aboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

WTF!!!!

24GB for the starter package and 30GB for the plus package????

What exactly are the plus customers getting as that 6GB difference(if fairly pointless) is an absolute joke!

I understand that there is a connection speed difference, but how are the plus customers goind to enjoy it with such a small difference?

Also...are BT only going to offer 20/30GB to their customers, even though its CAP is also pretty much pointless, isnt it a bit stingy...esp in comparison to that of eircoms starter 24GB CAP???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

My cap has been changed to 20gigs on the stats page.Bit strange as i'm on eircom starter and its suppposed to be 24. Not complaining though its still better than 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sportsman

Mine now changed to 30gb !!

Bit annoyed really that Home Starter customers have their cap trebled whereas Home Plus isn't even doubled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Ooooh now there's a nice surprise for a quiet sunday afternoon. Suddenly my "Percent of Total Allowance used to Date:" has dropped from 88% to 36% :D

Yay, nice fat quota of 20G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

zuma wrote:
    WTF!!!!
    are BT only going to offer 20/30GB to their customers, even though its CAP is also pretty much pointless, isnt it a bit stingy...esp in comparison to that of eircoms starter 24GB CAP???

Ur never happy are you??
    Obviously they're marketing decided its enuf.
    And the packages are the exact same as the NTL equivalents.
    So its not just BT or Eircom.

Ive had NTL 3Meg at 30 Cap...
    No complaints here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yummy!

eircom3bw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

wait, so what youre telling me is that my eircom broadband (the normal one- homestarter or whatever) has been upgraded from 1mb to 2mb??

Pardon my ignorance , its just that im abroad at the moment but will be back home shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Tech Pete wrote:
    Ur never happy are you??
    Obviously they're marketing decided its enuf.
    And the packages are the exact same as the NTL equivalents.
    So its not just BT or Eircom.

Ive had NTL 3Meg at 30 Cap...
    No complaints here!

Absolutely never :p

Then again Ive currently downloaded 0bits(yes absolutely nothing) according to BT's stats page even though I must have downloaded twice the ->new<- CAP over a 20 day period during the Christmas/New Year holidays :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Noticed yesterday, iam on the Business starter 2mb/20gb dload, yesterday i noticed i was getting 2.5mb speeds, just looked at package, its now 3mb line with 40gb download, i still think that i will moving at the end of my promotional 6 months 42euro a months trial, as this wil be going up to 89euro!!!!

cramp

• Advertisement

damn , wat do you people download to cap a months limit.

id like probably download 1gb in a year

C_Breeze wrote:
    wait, so what youre telling me is that my eircom broadband (the normal one- homestarter or whatever) has been upgraded from 1mb to 2mb??

Pardon my ignorance , its just that im abroad at the moment but will be back home shortly.

BUMP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sportsman

Yes, it has

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@ c breez
    Get using News groups or torrents......you'll never have enough dload allowance!!!

cramp

C_Breeze wrote:
    damn , wat do you people download to cap a months limit.

id like probably download 1gb in a year

Music (legal or otherwise), trailers, game demos, content-rich sites; it all adds up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

zuma wrote:
    WTF!!!!

24GB for the starter package and 30GB for the plus package????

What exactly are the plus customers getting as that 6GB difference(if fairly pointless) is an absolute joke!

I understand that there is a connection speed difference, but how are the plus customers goind to enjoy it with such a small difference?

Also...are BT only going to offer 20/30GB to their customers, even though its CAP is also pretty much pointless, isnt it a bit stingy...esp in comparison to that of eircoms starter 24GB CAP???

lol looks like they've heard you zuma, it's down to 20 for eircom lol

btw, my cap's been updated too...... I'm off now to break that :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Why do you care about caps?
    BT and Eircom dont charge for breaking it.

*may be wrong about the eircom bit

Tech Pete wrote:
    Why do you care about caps?
    BT and Eircom dont charge for breaking it.

*may be wrong about the eircom bit
    I've heard this cute rumour; didn't believe it the first time I went over the quota and got charged (and how) for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dedalus05

Dammit.

I just discovered the joys of bittorrent, and now I am seriously worried.

Are Eircom charging customers who exceed their download allowance yet?

They're website says they reserve the right to charge 1.21c per megabyte above the allowance, which means I am gonna get hit with an extra 171 euro this month!!

Anyone know for sure?

Dedalus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Dedalus05 wrote:
    Dammit.

I just discovered the joys of bittorrent, and now I am seriously worried.

Are Eircom charging customers who exceed their download allowance yet?

They're website says they reserve the right to charge 1.21c per megabyte above the allowance, which means I am gonna get hit with an extra 171 euro this month!!

Anyone know for sure?

Dedalus

I don't think anyone knows yet,

We need a brave soul who will go over the cap with eircom and see what happens.

Advertisement