Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircoms Upgrade Download Cap

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

CyberGhost wrote:
    I don't think anyone knows yet,

We need a brave soul who will go over the cap with eircom and see what happens.
    *waves hands again*

Yes, I did - went 200% over the quota, then got charged the excess (then the charge was 3cent per 1Mb) and got a nice fat eircom bill at the end of that month.

But then of course I've read people boasting about downloading a gazillion gigs and not getting charged...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

*waves hands again*

Yes, I did - went 200% over the quota, then got charged the excess (then the charge was 3cent per 1Mb) and got a nice fat eircom bill at the end of that month.

But then of course I've read people boasting about downloading a gazillion gigs and not getting charged...

Well that sucks, but I want to see people who did not get charged for downloading gazillion of gigs, go over the cap again, to see if they'll be charged now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dedalus05

Well I am at 150% of my 30 Gig limit, so I guess I can let you know when I get the bill (which should be in the next couple of weeks).

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I got my bill today and there was no charge for exceeding the cap over the last 2 months.
    December: Percent of Allowance used: 637%
    November: Percent of Allowance used: 424%
    I've downloaded 41Gb so far this month .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

does playing your xbxo360 online run up the download meter.

do they see playing online as downloading?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

but it's not that much if your just playing some games on live, if your downloading content from the marketplace you could go over soon without knowing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭ando

ah this is a kick in the teeth. Appears my line is not capable of over 2mbps... I think i'll be downgrading to the starter pack cause Im not paying the extra for a few gigs and 128more upload speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ando wrote:
    ah this is a kick in the teeth. Appears my line is not capable of over 2mbps... I think i'll be downgrading to the starter pack cause Im not paying the extra for a few gigs and 128more upload speed

looks like mine can't either :*(

my modem does say 3072, but the max I'm able to do is 2000-2100 = appox 250kb/s = not good.

Thanks for info, Dedalus & Anarchy

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

cramp wrote:
    Noticed yesterday, iam on the Business starter 2mb/20gb dload, yesterday i noticed i was getting 2.5mb speeds, just looked at package, its now 3mb line with 40gb download, i still think that i will moving at the end of my promotional 6 months 42euro a months trial, as this wil be going up to 89euro!!!!

cramp

That's the package I'm on also! I didn't realise it was going to be that expensive though! :(

I might have to consider switching to Smart then. Does anyone know if Smart are upgrading their 2mbit package? Apart from the 6mbit trial they're running atm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement