Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom speedbump - how do you check your notional bandwidth?

• 21-01-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I'm pretty sure that I've been bumped (Summerhill exchange), but where do you look in your OS (mac or xp) to see what your notional dl/ul capacities are. I don't mean the speedtest site, but rather what your modem believes its max capacity is?

I'm on the business plus package.

tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Can you see it when you log into the modem? i.e. 192.168.1.254 i think it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

For some reason that won't work for me.
    If I try with a http:// at the front I get a 'page cannot be displayed' error, and if I just put in the ip alone, I get bumped onto the google search results page for the number sequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

what model is the modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

what you can do is go to command prompt and type "ipconfig"

Then type the gateway into the browser that will be the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

kaizersoze wrote:
    what model is the modem?

It's an Alcatel SpeedTouch Pro, from the eircom broadband trials days.

telnet with the same numbers (and a couple of others I've found on the web) isn't working for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

192.168.1.1 is mine, there's a few different ones

Advertisement