Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Upgrade

• 21-01-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Please God tell me IBB have NO plans for an upgrade as a result of all the other major DSL companies increasing their speeds....

Anyone have any information on the matter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

No nobody has any info on this :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Good Last upgrade i went from a perfect 1Mb connection to a really bad 2Mb connection that took ages for them to sort out. Now i have a perfect 2Mb connection and am only getting used to the consistant connection again, so i dont need to be upgraded to a rubbish 3Mb connection for the next 6 months while they sort it out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm thinking exactly the same! I am actually NOT looking forward to an upgrade! How sad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I asked yesterday are they going to upgrade in line with their competitors, when I was complaining about their **** service, I was 25 minutes on hold which shows how understaffed and/or how many complaints they get at any one time. The guy who sounded like he was about to commit suicide said as far as he was aware they had no plans to upgrade in the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thank God for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

actually, i'd like them to upgrade their backend with more bandwidth and stuff and keep the current line speeds to balance things out. i dont want a faster line thats only going to give me less than 10kbyte/s i want a 2mbit line that works closer to 2mbit/s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Well if they have a sucessful upgrade this time round, im all for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I hope they have upgraded from the sub-modem speeds I had when I was with them, LOL!!

Advertisement