Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Adaptor Question

Options
  • 21-01-2006 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

I have an appliance that says on it 9v and underneath it says 2.2a. Does that mean i have to find a ac/dc adaptor that does not got above 2.2a or does it HAVE to be EXACTLY 2.2a? Im having trouble finding one. Dont want to buy one off the supplier as they are usually very expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

ye i think you have to go 2.2amp exactly. cus if you go too less the fuse may burn or if you go to much you may let too much power in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have an appliance that says on it 9v and underneath it says 2.2a. Does that mean i have to find a ac/dc adaptor that does not got above 2.2a or does it HAVE to be EXACTLY 2.2a? Im having trouble finding one. Dont want to buy one off the supplier as they are usually very expensive.

Did you tat least try the manufacturer? It's bound to be cheaper than buying a new unit which could be the result if the new adapter isnt right

Advertisement