Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inreased upload: what a BLISS!

• 21-01-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

I'm so happy with faster upload, I can talk on skype and play games at the same time without ping spikes, I can use BT or even emule, and browse without noticing much slow down, sending large emails and uploading to ftp is a breeze

Amazing!

Even though, my download drops down to 2.10mb :/ I'm still very happy.

I'd say this upgrade was more significant(atleast to me) than 2 meg one.

A good upload speed means A LOT!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I know; this is fantastic, finally I can change the 8Kb upload limit to something that will provide me with fast downloads in BT I've got it set to 28Kb but I think I'll move it to 30Kb because browsing feels just as fast as before the upgrade :) This is an important upgrade; extra download speeds are hard to use nowadays without a matching upload. I will also be able to share a lot more and make certain I keep good share ratios, play, browse, chat all at once YES!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im not happy tbh,downloads speed of 330kbps is fine but my pings are anything from 10-15 ms higher than the rest of you guys and im close to exchange :(
    boards ping is 30ms
    Jolt ping is 40-42 ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Must agree that it's great. Now I have a chance of keeping a 1:1 ratio on torrents!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

How do you find this stuff out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i must say the extra upload is seriously great, no more me playing cs then my brother goes on wireless and then that's it for the game of cs i no longer get connection issues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, the upload increase is good, though I think 512 up would have been better with a 3mbit down speed. Still, I won't complain too much!

3x faster is better than nothing! Now to send off those JPG's I've been putting off. :)

Advertisement