Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Invitation

Options
  • 21-01-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm planning to head down to script on Sunday 29th January at 2pm to enjoy a long dead (for me anyway:( ) tradition of Sunday Pint's.
    I know of a few residents not using boards are coming down too.
    Marcais also mentioned he'll try and make it down.

This is NOT an "official" Charlesland Social event.............

I’m just being neighbourly......
    Ru

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jaynie

I hope to be there. As a newbie to Charlesland it will be nice to get to know some of the neighbours!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Sounds like a plan

It's not like I've anything else to do.
    Should see you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

this thing still on ?? il be there if it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

ccfcexile wrote:
    this thing still on ?? il be there if it is

I'll be there.

I've black hair and a goatee. I'll have 2 golf clubs with me.
    I heading to the driving range first to hit a few balls.

Ru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Yeah, I'll be along, and probably a neighbour or two

• Advertisement

Marcais wrote:
    Yeah, I'll be along, and probably a neighbour or two

The more the merrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

Hey, I've never been into Script before and since I don't know what you all look like, can you say which part of the bar you will all congregate in?

I will be absolutely mortified if I have to around asking people if they are from Charlesland boards! :confused:

Hey, I've never been into Script before and since I don't know what you all look like, can you say which part of the bar you will all congregate in?

I will be absolutely mortified if I have to around asking people if they are from Charlesland boards! :confused:

If everybody mentions to the barman what is going on, then you can just ask the barman for the Charlesland Indians and he can point us out. I don't imagine Script being too busy?

Marcais wrote:
    If everybody mentions to the barman what is going on, then you can just ask the barman for the Charlesland Indians and he can point us out. I don't imagine Script being too busy?

I suggest that when you arrive ask the Bar person (very P.C. i am) where the Charleslanders are!
    Whoever is first there just explain that weirdo’s will be coming in looking for more weirdo’s and to point them out as necessary!

Ru wrote:
    I suggest that when you arrive ask the Bar person (very P.C. i am) where the Charleslanders are!
    Whoever is first there just explain that weirdo’s will be coming in looking for more weirdo’s and to point them out as necessary!

:D Hey, If I had said "The Barmaid" ...I would have got much more grief.....apologies if I offended any chicks, but I was only in Script once..and the bar staff person was of the male gender.

• Advertisement

Ru wrote:

Great turnout!!! Me and CCFCexile !

Got some strange looks asking people "Are you R U?"!.... "Am I am I what?" was the standard reply.

So what happened all you no shows ? shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Marcais wrote:

Got some strange looks asking people "Are you R U?"!.... "Am I am I what?" was the standard reply.

You should have gone to the Burnaby!

Us old Greystonians gather there of a sunday and talk sh***e about the good old days before marinas and when you had to be rich to live in Greystones. Then we all stumble back to our mansions in the Burnaby estate and such like places!

Marcais wrote:

We showed too. There were 5 of us but the barman actually laughed at me when i asked where the charlesland people we sitting!

Next time i'm going to pass on my mobile number so there will be NO possibility of everyone missing eachother.

Ru wrote:
    We showed too. There were 5 of us but the barman actually laughed at me when i asked where the charlesland people we sitting!

Next time i'm going to pass on my mobile number so there will be NO possibility of everyone missing eachother.

What an idiot!! We told him that if anyone from Charlesland comes in, to point us out. I told him at least 3 times. The two of us were sitting in front of the big screen round to the left. Were you sitting at the bar?

Let's take Fiachra's suggestion and make it The Burnaby next time, maybe to coincide with a Six Nations game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

Glad to hear the event was such a success!!! At least when we went it was a Saturday night and we had plenty of dutch courage to ask ramdomers were they from boards!! Although i havn't stepped foot in greystones since!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Eh! I was there......watched 2 games on the big screen and left. Got my head kicked in by the missus for arriving home late, and she's still up in arms!!!
    Next time suggest everyone wears a hat. That way there'll be a load of people wearing baseball hats/beanies and they'll stand out a mile.
    Didn't see anyone wearing any caps on Sunday;)

Advertisement