Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medieval 2: Total war

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The problem is, I don't think that even the programmers at TW HQ would claim the AI is as good as it could be. I have no doubt that if they sat down and analysed it, and designed counters for as many player tricks as they could, it'd come out far superior. I think the problem is that they have to get the games out, and they simply don't have time to test and retest the AI, and such honing is the only way to make it so good.

Surely someone has released a TW AI plugin? I know most mods come with enhanced AI, but is there no AI upgrade for vanilla rome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

the 'phalanxes' in those photos are most probably Swiss Pikemen - one of the principle mercenary soldiers across Europe during the 15th and 16th centuries :eek:

I'll reserve judgement about the any new game until I have played it myself (and read the reviews!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Zillah wrote:

Surely someone has released a TW AI plugin? I know most mods come with enhanced AI, but is there no AI upgrade for vanilla rome?

I remember the AI plugin to Total Annihilation* was a lot of fun (made the AI more nuke friendly). Anyone know of one for Rome?

Matt

*I know its an unrelated game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Lesbian Rebels

hottest rebels ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

how many hot lesbians do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Seven.

M:TW was a fantastic game. If only R:TW had its ... appeal. The engine is better, yeah, but the environment wasn't as ... engaging.

Matt Simis wrote:
    I remember the AI plugin to Total Annihilation* was a lot of fun (made the AI more nuke friendly). Anyone know of one for Rome?

Matt

*I know its an unrelated game!

huh, I never saw this post. TA was indeed an astounding game. Hands down the best RTS I have ever played, by a long shot. The only RTS I got nearly as much fun out of was Shogun. And it also has some incredible custom content, like the afformentioned AI plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

You could try 'Darth Mod', it has loads of AI fix's, or you could get Rome:Total Realism which has the latest Darth Mod in it aswell as being vastly superior to retail RTW. However Europa Barbaroum probably has the best AI of any RTW mod I have seen, its actually very hard to win battles in it when your out numbered.

(nay for ressurecting dead threads btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

you seen supreme commander? its the spiritual successor to TA & it looks goood

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/data/screenshot/screenshot_archive_id.php?id=7722

:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement