Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick and tired of playing BF2 SF with muppets

Options
  • 21-01-2006 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

Started playing Special Forces a few days ago and I enjoy it way more than the regular BF2. One thing I have noticed though is that the players are terrible and that's really sometihng coming from me 'cos I'm pretty bad! I played with a team today of 20 V 20 and one other guy and me were the only squad! We got murdered because no one would work together. Playing on your own and running around killing people is fun while it lasts but losing all the time because your team are full of f***tards gets rather boring after a while.

Are there any Irish Special forces servers out there?
    Who here plays Special Forces and where?
    Are there any clans recruiting because I am sick and ****ing tired of playing with MUPPETS!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Maybe just try play on a good server there are alot of nooby servers around... Benn on ALOT of them myself!! Its ennoyin.. Just look around and you'll find some but you will always get the odd nobb or two on a server!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ah you can get some really good games on SF. i'm awaiting a new graphics card so i can turn it all on high and play the night maps without horrendous slowdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Yeah i have had a few good games on SF too and
    I haven't even played that much....

What you could do is make a squad and invite
    4 others, then when they join ...you leave....
    and keep doing that untill most of the players
    are in a squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Y'know I was just thinking "Im getting so sick of playing with morons and assholes". Bloody public servers. There's nothing wrong with noobs, its just idiots that are the problem. Just earlier to night I was gunning for a relatively skilled pilot. But he was an impatient idiot and would occasionally go on suicidal attack runs against lone infantry and ram a building. But when he was calm he flew fine.

A couple weeks ago I was pilot for a complete noob gunner. He had no idea what to do. So I gave a few tips, he listened, and he tried. Even though he often missed with the TV missile, at least he took the right moments to try the shot, and he learned quickly to bombard the area with the MEC cannon. In the end we did much better than most selfish/impatient but more skilled guys.

(Rant over. Needed to vent :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Yeah sometimes I get frustrated when I'm in the gunner of a helicopter. Because when I fly I know that the gunner doesn't have the same view so I compensate for that but when I'm the gunner they think I see everything they see!

Plus also I feel that some people don't use their radar enough. Say a tank was in the distance and the name wouldn't have appeared yet and they fire a rocket at it but then realise it was on their side when all they had to do was check the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Ballboy wrote:
    Maybe just try play on a good server there are alot of nooby servers around... Benn on ALOT of them myself!! Its ennoyin.. Just look around and you'll find some but you will always get the odd nobb or two on a server!!

It doesn't really have anything to do with the servers or noobs.
    I have played on a lot of server and 90% of them are full of idiots. Also I don't mind playing with noobs at all. It's the players that lack basic common sense that really piss me off. Like the one's who join your squad then go off and do their own thing, or some squad leader invites you to his squad then sits on a building as a sniper and gives no orders. Aaaaargh! In a team game where everyone does thewir own thing you get murdered and its really beginning to spoil the game for me. I tried being commander for the first time today. NOBODY did what I told them and we lost despite the team beings unbalanced in our favour. Blah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Zen 2nd wrote:
    Plus also I feel that some people don't use their radar enough. Say a tank was in the distance and the name wouldn't have appeared yet and they fire a rocket at it but then realise it was on their side when all they had to do was check the radar.

Well, infairness, it can be very tricky for the pilot to keep an eye on the radar, especially when the flying is tense, a half second distraction and its all over. If you see your pilot heading for a target that you know is friendly, hit "negative!" two or three times, usually works.

Its happened a couple times that I'll launch a TV missile at a tank and suddenly realise its friendly and there's this "ABORT ABORT!" moment where you suddenly veer the rocket off target.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Well my second paragraph had to do with ground troops.

But I also hate when your in any vehicle but not driving it and say their is an enemy capturing a flag beside you and they drive off!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

NickyOD wrote:
    Started playing Special Forces a few days ago and I enjoy it way more than the regular BF2. One thing I have noticed though is that the players are terrible and that's really sometihng coming from me 'cos I'm pretty bad! I played with a team today of 20 V 20 and one other guy and me were the only squad! We got murdered because no one would work together. Playing on your own and running around killing people is fun while it lasts but losing all the time because your team are full of f***tards gets rather boring after a while.

Are there any Irish Special forces servers out there?
    Who here plays Special Forces and where?
    Are there any clans recruiting because I am sick and ****ing tired of playing with MUPPETS!!!!

i didnt find that , but i play on a clan server Force -10 and it normaly very good im always in a squad and they mosty work together , ive had some great game on that server and good scores too playing support just sticking with the squad

Advertisement