Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jumbo breakfast roll

Options
  • 21-01-2006 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

has anybody else heard this i think its the best phucking song so far of 2006!

does anybody know if its going to be relesed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Havnt heard it myself but people tell me its hilarious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Is that the 1 from Pat Shortt?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Finally, someone starts a thread about this. Meant to a few days ago but forgot.

The "song" in question is in all respects terrible... i'm sorry but it makes some of Richie Kavanagh's efforts seem somewhat tolerable! :D

And people are going mad for it requesting on the radio - the same people who called 'The JCB Song' irritating and a pathetic attempt to get into the charts... i'm sorry but how it this song any different?

I'd forgive the horrible rhythm (if you could call it that) emitting from the song if the lyrics were funny... but no, it sounds like something Richie Kavanagh would put on his B-side collection.

Pat should stick to what he does best.. comedy! And even at that, he'll never top the double act that was the d'Unbelievables - his last DVD was atrocious but i digress, this is the 'Music' forum)

Oh and..
    Volvoboy wrote:
    does anybody know if its going to be relesed?
    Yes.. Pat pretty much confirmed that after his current spate of dates in Vicar Street, he will release it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I have a link for the mp3.....am I allowed post it or would I be breaking rules!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jamieh wrote:
    I have a link for the mp3.....am I allowed post it or would I be breaking rules!?
    Afraid it'd be against the rules there, matey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

pIe.....Straight forward question......Straight forward answer!!

Basquille.....No problem! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

That "song" is the worst thing I've heard in years but it'll sell thousands in rural areas probably

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

...haha..its funny because...haha...you think he's...haha... gonna say 'hole'...haha... but instead he says 'roll' hahaha

pure genius...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The 'recording' going around is from the Late Late a few weeks ago.

I heard Pat Shortt was going to be recording it in the next 3 weeks. Its not bad, its catchy more than funny. It'll probably make number 1 easily enough.

5 weeks from now, we'll wish we never heard it.

10 weeks from now, we'll have forgotten all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

crap song...but Id kill for a breafast roll right about now, damn you pat shortt :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

meldrew wrote:
    That "song" is the worst thing I've heard in years but it'll sell thousands in rural areas probably

Ah well, different strokes for different fokes.

Its great heard him perform it live, pure class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Absolutely dreadful, cringeworthy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Watch it shoot straight to number 1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Why you lot so hard on the song? This was part of his act on the Late Late Show. He never planned on releasing a novelty song. I guess more people find it funny(ME) than the minority that don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Devon wrote:
    Watch it shoot straight to number 1...

Why YES I do own a crystal ball!

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/charts/singles.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Another Irish pop classic!:rolleyes: :p

Advertisement