Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sweet dreams are made of these who are we to disagree travel the world and the seven

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

At least going into the final of winter we have lots of hope and promise..
    Maybe its the twinkle in earthmans eye or the way the light in my room is setting the shadow of my glass onto the blind...:v: but i ££think££ perhaps
    we might finally get lucky. This will be the last go for a proper cold spell
    anyway so why not.. :D

Dear Santa,

I want Rtavn3601.png

Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

lol, ive just made a note of the +384 chart which shows a monster Greenland High and a true channel low. There's a better chance of me being snowed in this week than there is of that chart coming off:p

It's lovely allright but I simply cannot believe anything as good as that could appear. It's not impossible but everything really has to follow how the model develops the sequence of events. There's a lot of hurdles to jump basically:)

It will probably appear at the end of April.

As for snow this week-very very unlikely,except at times at the very tops of the mountains above 2000ft which aint very many places.

Anything else after next weekend as I said earlier depends on if this, if that and if the other happens.

The rest is the usual dreaming basically untill such time as most of those shopping items appear within the T+110 range or thereabouts

Thats it folks winters stuffed:mad:

What a really terrible winter..

Around 8 hard frosts, one dusting of snow late November and not a single
    flake sighted since.

Possibly my worst winter ever:mad:

Goodbye and so long... im off i really thought we could make this year..

What a joke i havent had more than 1 inch of snow on the ground since
    2001 and that is just laughable for a country placed so far north.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

have to agree with Weathercheck there, I too find it bizarrre that we cant even barely manage a measly inch of snow anymore yet we are so far north.. i know theres the north atlantic drift and all but still...over the past few winters unlikely places like Greece, Southern Spain and Italy are getting the odd dumping of snow while we dont get any anymore, its a joke really and I dont see things changing any time soon....at least I still have my childhood memorys of yearly winter wonderlands outside till 1991.

Gonzo wrote:
    have to agree with Weathercheck there, I too find it bizarrre that we cant even barely manage a measly inch of snow anymore yet we are so far north.. i know theres the north atlantic drift and all but still...over the past few winters unlikely places like Greece, Southern Spain and Italy are getting the odd dumping of snow while we dont get any anymore, its a joke really and I dont see things changing any time soon....at least I still have my childhood memorys of yearly winter wonderlands outside till 1991.

It is actually a joke... unforunately it is hard to think that we can continuosly
    be unlucky year on year..

But it seems we have.. It bittersweet though... we live in a little pocket
    of Europe that never gets snow..

Gonzo wrote:
    have to agree with Weathercheck there, I too find it bizarrre that we cant even barely manage a measly inch of snow anymore yet we are so far north.. i know theres the north atlantic drift and all
    Thats it.
    Big warm ocean-thats why we have a maratime climate and snow is rare.
    but still...over the past few winters unlikely places like Greece, Southern Spain and Italy are getting the odd dumping of snow
    Yes but the cold air when it heads for them has a mostly land track, so theres nothing to warm it.

Basic Geography.
    while we dont get any anymore, its a joke really and I dont see things changing any time soon....at least I still have my childhood memorys of yearly winter wonderlands outside till 1991.
    It's not a joke-it's basic geography.
    What you need for snow here is an exceptional set of unusual circumstances.

Unusual things by their nature dont happen too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

have you seen the lovely footage on Fox and CNN.

it'd be great to be there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I dunno about anyone else, but it looks more likely this morning that the low over Newfoundland will skirt Northeast of Greenland over the weekend. If that happens, game on:D

• Advertisement

I tell you one thing I see here again and thats a pattern of hanging on every twist and turn of FI...

Dot cottons tea leaves again. It will either happen or it wont-simple as.

I was being told a page ago that I was silly to rule out snow at sea level this week... and ...

Too true Earthman

Last chance saloon is up...

There are faint whisperings of a cool/average easterly..

It would be typical as temps would likely be around 4-7c due to the lack
    of cold air to our east.

00z ensembles make for interesting reading. An Easterly is a possibility and some fairly cold weather;) MT8_Dublin_ens.png

Id take this, thank you very much http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rgem2161.gif

A wide spread in the ENS's but the overall theme is a gentle cooling theme
    back to average.

03969064tf.gif

Hardly inspiring to say the least though:rolleyes:

Roll on spring i say:o

A wide spread in the ENS's but the overall theme is a gentle cooling theme
    back to average.

03969064tf.gif

Hardly inspiring to say the least though:rolleyes:

Roll on spring i say:o

Hi WC, its a trend below average. Check out the ECM and GEM models. The control run of the 6z was a mild outlier. Id expect the averages to fall away in the following runs and something quite spectacular could be just around the corner:D

darkman2 wrote:
    Hi WC, its a trend below average. Check out the ECM and GEM models. The control run of the 6z was a mild outlier. Id expect the averages to fall away in the following runs and something quite spectacular could be just around the corner:D

I would say there is about 2% chance of something specatcular happening.

The liklyhood of a few cool days 4-7c maxima and cool nights -1c - 3c for
    around 3-4 days with some light sleet/rain showers is about 60%.
    And thats considering one of the colder runs comes off..

The cold in the east is gone.. winters over unless we get attacked from the
    north..

Roll on spring:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sun getting far too strong for any decent long lying snow events now, that said a beefy northerly might bring snow if the pressure ever rises over Greenland in winter..and pigs might fly too..

Roll on next winter, this one ended in November!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

winter never really got going at all bar 1 morning of slushy muck and a few frosty nights in mid november.

An absolutely abysmal winter:(

Not one flake of snow in the winter months and that speaks volumes..

Roll on spring and summer, hot and mild sunny days nice cold can of
    coke fresh outta the freezer... listen to the pop.. ah yess...

Winter was a disaster lets forget about it:o

If anybody and i mean anybody leaves a message here in the coming
    3 days or more that is in any way optimistic or positive as regard to
    upcoming synoptics then i will resort to quite severe punishment.

This is working perfectly, lets leave alright alone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Snow tonight? Temps are falling... :D:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement