Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paintball Guns.Customs?

Options
  • 21-01-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting paintball gun on eBay. I was just wondering, would there be a problem with customs?Will they let it through?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

tell them it's for painting your house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

No but seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it would be really tough man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

OIf your extremely lucky you will get through.
    Worst case, it gets stopped and you get taken to court for weapons smuggling. Check the below thread for details. You will need a license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 conorL

haha, they rock for drive-bys

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conorL

haha, they rock for drive-bys

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

They get well locked up at any paintball facillity.You can put ball bearings in the instead of paintballs,that is why they are concidered lethal weapons.
    You might get lucky buying one in the north and bringing it down..but not sure if they sell them up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Searcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

if you do get one in, will you let me know where u get co2, i am desperate for co2 by now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Searcher

wideangle wrote:
    They get well locked up at any paintball facillity.You can put ball bearings in the instead of paintballs,that is why they are concidered lethal weapons.
    You might get lucky buying one in the north and bringing it down..but not sure if they sell them up there.

Ballbearings wont work, really. Even if you have the right diameter the wont get very far, they are just to heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea but u can adjust the velocity alot, and it makes a good bit of difference, well on mine anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

shortys94 wrote:
    yea but u can adjust the velocity alot, and it makes a good bit of difference, well on mine anyway

Say no more.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Laigheann

Yeah you need a license. Paintball markers (guns) are considered air rifles under current Irish legislation. Its a serious offence not to have a license. Contact your nearest Garda station for more info.

Advertisement