Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTV launch wrestling group

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hmm..I'm slightly afraid of this! There's no big quality names announced first of all. MTV is involved, so it'll more than likely be targeting a non-wrestling fan market, which could mean they really **** up the wrestling aspect of the show. This horrible image of Battledome with wrestlers comes to mind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Fozzy wrote:
    Hmm..I'm slightly afraid of this! There's no big quality names announced first of all. MTV is involved, so it'll more than likely be targeting a non-wrestling fan market, which could mean they really **** up the wrestling aspect of the show. This horrible image of Battledome with wrestlers comes to mind..
    i agree 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some of the wrestlers on there are pretty credible. I wont expect much but i'll give it a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Other wrestlers taking part include Vampiro, Justin Credible, Sean Waltman, New Jack, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, and Teddy Hart.

pretty credible indeed.
    i still think it'll be a disaster though.
    remember that these are the people who brought us such classics as newlyweds, jackass and my super sweet sixteen.

Oh, missed Justin Credible when I read it first. Still though, not very many people get excited about X-Pac, New Jack's a bit dodgy, to say the least, to call Teddy Hart an egomaniac would be an understatement, and Vampiro wasn't anything to write home about in IwW. Jack Evans is good, so's Sydal actually. I just can't see them getting over very well with MTV viewers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Could be interesting, wouldn't write it off before it even starts, and as long as it steers clear of "celebrity wrestling" it might be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

This could be the kick in the ass that wrestling needs to bring it back to the mainstream or it could be another "celbrity wrestling". If it dose well I would imagin that MTV would be willing to put up the money to rival Vinces cheque book somthing that TNA has so far been unable to do. I think this move can largly be put down to the sucess of Hogan know best on VH1. I cant imagin that talent listed for the piolet will be overly impressive to MTV execs. I recone it will either not get off the ground at all or be sucess. MTV wont waste time with stuff that wont apeal to the masses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

A large pinch of salt is probably needed to go with this...

http://www.sescoops.com/artman/publish/article_2561.shtml

I just read on PWI that he's not in negotiations with MTV, and he won't be on the show. I wouldn't imagine him signing up now anyway, even if he was interested, because they're only doing a pilot for now, the show mightn't actually go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Don't believe it myself, just thought i'd throw it out there.
    Although i would'nt be suprised if Y2J puts an MTV logo on his website just to stirr the pot like he did with TNA a few months ago.

And he won't be ast the Rumble either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement