Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

GPRS/ISP & MMS Settings for I-Mate SP5

• 21-01-2006 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Okay I have tried to no avail to configure my I-Mate SP5 with the sticky of Operator Settings.

I am currently on O2 Billpay and can't seem to get either working.

So would anyone who has or had the above phone know exactly the settings that need to be entered into the correct fields as the I-Mate is slightly different than most.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

woody wrote:
    Okay I have tried to no avail to configure my I-Mate SP5 with the sticky of Operator Settings.

I am currently on O2 Billpay and can't seem to get either working.

So would anyone who has or had the above phone know exactly the settings that need to be entered into the correct fields as the I-Mate is slightly different than most.

Thanks in advance.

:)

I had it working fine on Vodafone, settings would be:

Settings, Connections, GPRS
    First was Vodafone ISP
    Connects to = Internet
    Access Point = isp.vodafone.ie
    username = vodafone
    password = vodafone

Then Vodafone MMS
    Connects to = WAP Network
    Access Point = mms.vodafone.net
    username = vodafone
    password = vodafone

Messaging
    Menu, Options, Account Options, MMS
    Retrieve Immediately Ticked
    Menu, MMSC Settings
    MMSC URL = http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    WAP Gateway = 10.24.59.200
    Port = 80
    Connect Via = WAP Network
    WAP Version = WAP 2.0

This worked fine for Vodafone IE, hopefully you can use this as a template to setup O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

cheers dude will give it a bash :)

I have looked at the boards.ie O2 settings and would suggest the following for bill pay:

Settings, Connections, GPRS
    First would be O2 ISP
    Connects to = Internet
    Access Point = internet
    username = gprs
    password = gprs

Then O2 MMS
    Connects to = WAP Network
    Access Point = wap.dol.ie
    username = gprs
    password = gprs

Messaging
    Menu, Options, Account Options, MMS
    Retrieve Immediately Ticked
    Menu, MMSC Settings
    MMSC URL = http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    WAP Gateway = 62.40.32.40
    Port = 8080
    Connect Via = WAP Network
    WAP Version = WAP 2.0

Cheers dude got the GPRS going :) and MMS Out going but still have'nt sorted the incoming MMS mmmmmmmm will keep at it...thank again :)

Anyone any further idea's as I cannot recieve MMS for some unfounded reason is there any new settings for O2 MMS that I don't know about and BTW O2 are not very helpful :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

I have a new jasjar and O2 have been downright abusive telling me they don't have to help me when all I wanted was the gprs connection settings.
    I will be delighted if you get this sorted out as I am in the same boat with no mms. :(

vampyre wrote:
    I have a new jasjar and O2 have been downright abusive telling me they don't have to help me when all I wanted was the gprs connection settings.
    I will be delighted if you get this sorted out as I am in the same boat with no mms. :(

I have a Jasjar, and had no problem configuring it for Vodafone Ireland with the settings on boards.ie.

Never tried O2, but if you want me to post any of my settings just ask

skearon wrote:
    I have a Jasjar, and had no problem configuring it for Vodafone Ireland with the settings on boards.ie.

Never tried O2, but if you want me to post any of my settings just ask

I would really appreciate any help. I have phoned tech support 4 times, got 4 women who openly say they don't know how to help me and are not under any obligation to and refuse to put me on to or email the one tech support bloke who does. One of them told me you don't use wap to get mms. I am really frazzled here. :confused: I really have tried to set this up before posting, I did search and I did try using the settings on the sticky. I'm just cursed for the past few weeks with anything computer related.

vampyre wrote:
    I would really appreciate any help. I have phoned tech support 4 times, got 4 women who openly say they don't know how to help me and are not under any obligation to and refuse to put me on to or email the one tech support bloke who does. One of them told me you don't use wap to get mms. I am really frazzled here. :confused: I really have tried to set this up before posting, I did search and I did try using the settings on the sticky. I'm just cursed for the past few weeks with anything computer related.

I have checked several forums and got the same response from O2, this is something extremely simple, possibly a different proxy or different ip address etc, I have noticed on the O2 website in the part where you can get the GPRS/MMS settings sent to you that one of the phones listed is the I-Mate Smartphone although I was told implicitly that they did not provide settings for the I-Mate series in it's entirity.....

Fingers crossed and we get the MMS working I will keep you posted if I find anything new out :)

woody wrote:
    I have checked several forums and got the same response from O2, this is something extremely simple, possibly a different proxy or different ip address etc, I have noticed on the O2 website in the part where you can get the GPRS/MMS settings sent to you that one of the phones listed is the I-Mate Smartphone although I was told implicitly that they did not provide settings for the I-Mate series in it's entirity.....

Fingers crossed and we get the MMS working I will keep you posted if I find anything new out :)

Here's hoping.

O2's tech support has gotten really really bad. They are so blatantly greedy in this country. Pulling in huge profits and telling us that it's being reinvested in the network. Well I don't see enough to justify their statements and their operators who were brilliant are now clueless beyond what is already visible on the website. Bah!

• Advertisement

vampyre wrote:
    Here's hoping.

O2's tech support has gotten really really bad. They are so blatantly greedy in this country. Pulling in huge profits and telling us that it's being reinvested in the network. Well I don't see enough to justify their statements and their operators who were brilliant are now clueless beyond what is already visible on the website. Bah!

To be honest I don't see there point as we want to use there services on our phone and hence generate profit so it is defeating the purpose of business by not even remotely helping or guiding us the right way...so fingers crossed

vampyre wrote:

Jasjar is generic version of O2's own XDA Exec, simplest thing to do would be to flash it with XDA Exec firmware as according to the their own website it is for UK and Ireland!

See http://www.my-xda.com/xdaexec_soft.html

skearon wrote:
    Jasjar is generic version of O2's own XDA Exec, simplest thing to do would be to flash it with XDA Exec firmware as according to the their own website it is for UK and Ireland!

See http://www.my-xda.com/xdaexec_soft.html

Then I will end up with all their awful o2 active junk that I paid a fortune to get away from :D. As it's only mms I will do without but it is the attitude of them recently that gets me.

vampyre wrote:
    Then I will end up with all their awful o2 active junk that I paid a fortune to get away from :D. As it's only mms I will do without but it is the attitude of them recently that gets me.

Install in corporate mode, this removes the O2 customisations, plus you can always flash it back after testing to see if MMS works, and if it does to then note down the settings

Is'nt it weird I can send MMS but not recieve them this is really blowing me bulb :p

skearon wrote:
    Install in corporate mode, this removes the O2 customisations, plus you can always flash it back after testing to see if MMS works, and if it does to then note down the settings

I've had 3 xdas and the last one the settings didn't work on mms and needed further tweaking.

I have the settings from my last one but it just won't fire. Although on the past 5 occasions whenever I got a phone or pda the mms service also happened to be down and they didn't even know that in o2. I was able to send messages yesterday, they would show as failed but they would arrive at the destination. One of the proper tech people (rather than someone just reading the stuff fromt he website back to the caller) told me years ago that the mms is always the reason for the launch delays here. He had tested the xda ii and that was the only thing not working 3 months later.

Got this working with the help of Vampyre thanks man much appreciated after several weeks off doubt it is working...:o

Skearon thanks aswell much appreciated the help :)

woody wrote:
    Got this working with the help of Vampyre thanks man much appreciated after several weeks off doubt it is working...:o

Skearon thanks aswell much appreciated the help :)

As a matter of interest what was the problem ?

may I point out I am not a man. Not, now nor ever have been.

O2 being so infinitely rubbish is the problem. These devices run like a dream, on wap 1.2 only. I think the lack of information is to conceal this. O2's mms network is very troublesome and instead of fixing it (making it like other networks, accessible and functional) they just bury the fact. Their attitude and whole "support" on this and many other issues related to supported devices has deteriorated to a really poor level. Guess where they're not spending the profits?

skearon wrote:
    As a matter of interest what was the problem ?

it was the 1.2 and 2.0 (WAP) problem apparently on O2 Wap 2.0 does not work so it has to be set to port 9201 and not 8080.............There Customer or Tech Support point blanky wont give you help or wont even guide you else where as for Vodafone the support is much better just not the tarriffs :D ... sure we can't always have it our own way but it would be nice:)

• Advertisement

woody wrote:
    ...........There Customer or Tech Support point blanky wont give you help or wont even guide you else where as for Vodafone the support is much better just not the tarriffs :D ... sure we can't always have it our own way but it would be nice:)

In a large number of cases they can't give you the details because they don't know what the question means let alone what the answer is. And that's not me being narky it's just fact.

Advertisement