Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Rating damaged?

Options
  • 21-01-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I've a BOI account and it was overdrawn by €55 without permission. I never cleared it as I work as AIB staff so use that account cos I get free banking.

Anways I got a letter from BOI stating that if I didn't clear the balance they would close the account. I didn't bother as I'll never use the a/c and so why pay €55.

The a/c is now closed. I'm now starting to get worrying that this might have damaged my credit rating if I go for a loan in the future.

Is my credit rating damaged?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Apply for your credit record from the Irish Credit Bureau. If any black marks appear, talk to your bank about the debt, in some cases issues can be expunged from your credit record.

http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php#q09

Next time, pay your debts, you'll save yourself this kind of hassle in the long run.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think you should pay back the 55 euros right away for the sake of peace of mind in the future, unless you are very badly stuck for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Pretty sure your ICB is only affected on loan repayments not overdrafts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'll ring my BOI on Monday lunchtime and see what I can do.
    The account wasn't used for 6 months so they must have been writing the €55 off as a bad debt. I certainly want a bad debt on my record so I'll talk to the accounts person.

Not stuck for cash at all. Just never got around to it and never use that account cos I've an AIB staff a/c. I'll probably close the account when the balance is cleared.

Thanks for the advice

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You could ask someone about it when you go to work and see how your crowd deal with this sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

parsi wrote:
    You could ask someone about it when you go to work and see how your crowd deal with this sort of thing.

Unfortunatly, I have nothing to do with AIB branch banking.
    I'm in AIB Capital Markets in the IFSC so don't realy know anyone in that area of AIB.

Advertisement