Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello from Castleknock...

Options
  • 21-01-2006 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all,

I came across Ireland Offline after 6 months of frustration at getting an Internet Connection. I can't believe that I am living in the Capital city of the country with the fastest growing economy in Europe...

First I live in Dublin 8 for 5 months, and I couldn't even get an eircom connection, there were no more lines. I got so fed up I moved out to Castleknock, I now have 56k but still cannot get broadband. I fail the eircom line tests, Irish broadband refuse to install an antenna as I do not live in a house.

I've just applied for Digiwebs Metro Connection, I hope I can get this one, I feel like I'm living in the middle of the outback...

So, got that off my chest :D

I've put a link up to your website on my internet site Startpage Ireland (http://www.startpage.ie/Ireland/Internet/) and will be joining your newsletter. If there is anything I can do to help your cause, don't hesitate to let me know!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I thought you could get it in castleknock... Oh well, did u try NTL, or
    Irish broadband refuse to install an antenna as I do not live in a house
    Where do u live then? Presumably an appartment. But if its a mobile home you're talking about dont expect anything any time soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SlitheryImp

:D lol, sorry about that, yes I meant apartment. I spoke to the property manager yesterday and he said he would have a chat with them to say it was OK. (they wouldn't believe me of couse)

Tried NTL, and haven't heard anything more from Digiweb so I'll have to remove the 'recomended' star from their link I think.

Just using dial-up with the aid of onSpeed, I only browse forums and news sites, so the picture degradation of using onSPeed doesn't bother me.

Advertisement