Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

history notes

Options
  • 21-01-2006 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey,
    the title explains what i need, some decent history notes mainly from the first and second year courses! does anybody know of any places on the net to get them or if you teachers put them on the net?? please help, i have no history teacher at the moment and my pre's are in 2weeks! :eek:
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭StJimmy

Try here:

http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_jc.asp?id=1935

Also here:

http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/homeworkzone_jc.asp?id=2676

And all links to do with History you might check out if you find these any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

Don't know of any on the internet but less stress more success history is really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I find the Rapid Revision History book really helpful and useful. It has the whole course summarised into bullet points and contains several of the people in history profiles that often come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

Rapid Revision is amazing! They give ya a brief summary of whats going on in the world at that time at the start of each chapter which I find sooo helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

My history teacher refuses to teach us now! i'll need notes like that...

• Advertisement

That happpened to my class last year, after we made the teacher cry she told me to teach the class, everyones grades went up in their exams after that!

we made two teachers cry so far in two and a half years (one of them went to australia) and we've driven our history teacher to the edge...he stamped on my foot once, and kicked anotheer fellas shin as well...he's mad...

If a teacher did that in my school you would never hear the end of it.We all ganged up on a teacher last week for making a student cry and half the class were going to be expelled but they decided to give them a second chance.I never said anything,I thought they were being mean to the teacher.

in my school its just like principal comes down says dont do it again and after a quiet class its back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We made our teacher cry, she went to the office sobbing...but she really can't teach. Suppose she won't be too happy that a gang of us went to the principal to complain about her teaching. Well, we do have the right ( she teaches me 3 classes, and shes useless!), but still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

My history teacher is fairly bad and i have her for english aswel!

Shortcuts to sucess is the best history notes its way better than less stress more sucess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

There was a teacher in our school last year who literally looked 16 years old. He would walk into the class and people would just laugh at him. Even some of the teachers would make jokes at him.
    Didn't last a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Being a teacher (or a moderator) isn't necessarily easy. One has to deal with X number of brats / prima donnas / geniuses / fools everyday. At least being a mod means we can shut you up.

Anyway, off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunshot

Hey,
    the title explains what i need, some decent history notes mainly from the first and second year courses! does anybody know of any places on the net to get them or if you teachers put them on the net?? please help, i have no history teacher at the moment and my pre's are in 2weeks! :eek:
    Thanks
    I made up ma own notes for 1st,2nd nd 3rd yr

Yeah, so did I, just the fact I was an innocent helpless little 1st year who decided to copy down the teachers "keywords" from the board. That was my major flaw. Looked back over them and wondered what I, or the teacher, was taking at the time of note taking. However, since 2nd year I've taken my own. Promptly lost them, but hey.
    We got two excellent subs last yerar, got one of them again before Christmas and learned more with them in 2 months than her in 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I had my history mock today :( It's my second exam, I had both English papers yesterday. Our teacher isn't great, we haven't done much of the 3rd year course and no revision of the 1st and 2nd year (plantations etc. im having difficulty with!) and I only started studying the night before.

Despite that, the exam wasn't TOO difficult so for anybody fretting - don't. If you do about a week of studying before the exam you should be fine and make sure you know a few people in history's. Do some past exam questions - especially question 6. (Choose 2 out of 4 options. This was the hardest for me since 2 of them we haven't done and one of them was the plantations and I don't know them).

Anywho, this thread was looking for notes but I started blabbering on...hope this has helped to some people anyway!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭yourpetzombie

^ I had my History mocks on Monday. They were grand considering the lack of study I've done for it. I thought question six was fine. And event though our teacher had hinted, or rather told us, what the People In History essays would be, I ended up bluffing my way through one of them. Erlack.

Anyway, on the subject on notes, get Rapid Revision. It's really good, but the best thing to do would be to write your own.

Had my history mock today, was finished an hour early, thats when the panic hit cos everyone else was scribbling away madly....went well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I did my mocks a few weeks ago. I should have had done well in history had I stuck to the timing we were given but I wrote to much on one subject which cos me a load of marks at the end. I probably lost a grade or two because of that :(

Advertisement