Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gmail & Nokia 6680

• 21-01-2006 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to setup gmail on a nokia 6680! im with meteor as well!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

For some reason, gmail doesn't work through Meteor WAP at the moment. *shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

how about gprs? Will it work over that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

works on mine (vodafone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

could you please tell me the settings to get it to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

name: whatever
    access point in use: vodafone isp (i'd assume meteor is here for you)
    my email address: insert your addy
    outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
    send message: immediately
    user/password: insert
    incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
    mailbox type: pop3
    sercurity (ports): On (993/995)
    APOP secure login: off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Does anyone know how to setup gmail on a nokia 6680! im with meteor as well!

have you tried browsing to http://m.gmail.com and seeing if that would suit your needs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭digiman

Is it expensive to be looking at youe emails on your phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Did no one read my first post? It doesn't work through Meteor WAP. That's their GPRS. You get an error. It works on Vodafone. It works on O2. It doesn't work on Meteor. Simple as that. There's nothing you can do to get it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

chrislad wrote:
    Did no one read my first post? It doesn't work through Meteor WAP. That's their GPRS. You get an error. It works on Vodafone. It works on O2. It doesn't work on Meteor. Simple as that. There's nothing you can do to get it to work.
    just had a go with a Nokia Series 60 (6630)...

works grand using the email client on the phone using the ISP GPRS access point when POP has been enabled on the Google Account. Make sure to select Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on or you may download all your old email too!

for some reason using the phone's internal browser (with http://m.gmail.com) with the WAP GPRS access point the login page displays ok but when you submit the login process stalls - anyone contacted Meteor about this...

trying to use a 3rd party browser (like Opera Mini) and the ISP GPRS access point (with http://m.gmail.com) doesn't display the login page properly (the page isn't parsed/rendered so it just displays the source)

Advertisement