Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a lip balm

• 22-01-2006 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Winter is killing my lips! I used to like labello but they've changed the formula and it's too sticky. I also have a honey-flavoured one from Lush but the smell is too strong.

Ideally, I want sth non-sticky, lightly tinted and easy to apply.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

use the old vas-o-ma-line (vasoline)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

AlcoholicA wrote:

Urgh - that's horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

simu wrote:
    Urgh - that's horrible!
    try not to eat it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

E45 lip salve tbh.

Tis great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

EDIT: Ugh, drunken post. The main point (I think) was that Carmex is very effective against sore, cracked lips but doesn't quite fit the other criteria you specified.
    simu wrote:
    Winter is killing my lips! I used to like labello but they've changed the formula and it's too sticky. I also have a honey-flavoured one from Lush but the smell is too strong.

Ideally, I want sth non-sticky, lightly tinted and easy to apply.

Thanks!
    Carmex is asolutely great stuff. Its an American brand which was originally only available there but hass since become available in Ireland. However, I haven't seen any in awhil;e so I not quite sure if it's still widely available here. I would be the same as you in your dislike of stickfciness and I found C armex slightly too sticky to begin with, but once you realise the benefit of using it on winter-worn lips the slight stickiness becomes easily bearable. It's also not tinted, so is rweally only ideal if you want it just for the abbdly worn lips. so actyually it probbaly won't be what you want at all really :/ I'm not sure where this is going. ir make lips not sore!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. Lasts forever, bit like marmalade or something but by gum is it fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

AlcoholicA wrote:

Vaseline is actually the worst thing to use on your lips!it dehrydrates them more as it just sits as a layer on top of the lips and offers no soothing qualities at all.My favourite is carmex-little yellow pot also 'caregloss and shine' from nivea is gorge.It offers great soothing and protection and u get a lovely glossy look which isnt icky like most lip glosses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I use 8 hour cream when I've neglected my lips and they're really bad and it works wonder when left on over night. For normal day to day use I prefer a Boots own brand one. It's called "Fresh! choc-a-block!" and is in a silver tin(similar size to vaseline tins). You can get it in raspberry too. I find it really smooth and it's pretty inexpensive too compared to some of the brand name stuff. I think it was £2.50 but have seen it in half price offers as well. The raspberry one is probably the nicer flavour. It looks fab on its own too. No one ever believes I'm just wearing lip balm and I've had loads of compliments. It's kind of like a gloss as well, but a cute, subtle one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

Carmex is the best i think anyway! you can get it in topshop! Nivea is good aswel any of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

that Boots stuff is amazing, it smells so good and feels great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Carmex destroys your lips after using it for a while. I used it for an entire summer and by the end of it my lips had gone totally flaky unless I had it on at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

carmex all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

LadyLotts wrote:
    Carmex destroys your lips after using it for a while. I used it for an entire summer and by the end of it my lips had gone totally flaky unless I had it on at all times.
    I've used it constantly for the past few years with no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Blistex-Intensive moisturiser is what i'm using at the moment! works well i must say!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

id go with carmex aswell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Vaseline, but since you think that is yuck, Mac Lip Conditioner. You can get it in clear or coloured (Petting Pink is the nicest). There's SPF 15 in it to protect against the sun and vitamin E to help moisturise your lips. If you lash loads of it on at night, your lips are lovely and soft in the morning. oh and it smells like vanilla ice cream. :)

Don't like the 8 hour cream, weird smell off it and I find it too greasy. Also don't like caramex. That the one that tingles, urgh no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

carmex, eight hour cream or the lip gloss from d body shop. My lips r always sore though and I read this thing that said using gloss all the time means your lips get more dry cos your lips become reliant on it. Havent used anything fior a week and they sem to be sorting themselves out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Burts Bees lip balm in the wee yellow metal pot. Really light texture, slightly minty flavour which is very refreshing. It's excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Burts Bees lip balm in the wee yellow metal pot. Really light texture, slightly minty flavour which is very refreshing. It's excellent!
    i use that myself and couldn't recommend it highly enough...

(how did you think i managed to keep my lips so kissably soft:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Any of The Body Shop's work well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

The best one I've found is Perfumeria Gal. Comes in a few different fruit flavours (redcurrant, apple, peach etc.), doesn't feel greasy and lasts for ages. Used to only be able to get them in Spain but now Oasis and Boots sell them. Comes in a lovely little old-fashioned looking tin too for all lovers of novelty packaging.

Advertisement