Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who/where hasnt been upgraded yet?

• 22-01-2006 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

exchange: dennehys cross (cork)
    package/provider: BT basic

someone last night posted this exchange had been upgraded??? but im still only getting the normal speeds (1mb down)...

and yes i have tried:
    http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/
    downloading a file from heanet
    reseting modem
    power cycling modem
    bypassing router
    resetting line
    praying

how many other people are still waiting? just so we can get an idea...
    please post provider, exchange etc.. and edit your post when (if :( )you get upgraded...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Provider: BT
    Exchange: Ferrybank Waterford

No upgrade yet.. still at 869Kbps down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still at 440kps down....ffs.....missed out the previous upgrade as well as you can see. :o

Strange thing is though I normally only ever got 68kps upload for the last age - thats now jumped to what it more or less should have always been - 140kps. Tried tests all last night and this morning, keep getting the same consistant upload. I know it's not much but considering I was on about 70kps on a good day previous to this....

Exchange: Oranmore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Still at 440kps down....ffs.....missed out the previous upgrade as well as you can see. :o

Strange thing is though I normally only ever got 68kps upload for the last age - thats now jumped to what it more or less should have always been - 140kps. Tried tests all last night and this morning, keep getting the same consistant upload. I know it's not much but considering I was on about 70kps on a good day previous to this....

Since the upload speed has increased you may be getting the d/l speed you do because thats all your line can handle. Eircom, BT etc are providing RADSL (Rate Adaptive DSL) so the minimum d/l they guarentee is 256k.
    Check your modem/router settings and it will probably tell you the theoretical speed of your line, then you'll know for sure if the upgrade has taken place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

exchange: bettystown
    provider: bt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Trotter wrote:
    Exchange: Ferrybank Waterford

No upgrade yet.. still at 869Kbps down.

I'm on Digiweb from the Ferrybank exchange and i've been upgraded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i was still on 1024 and 128up at 10pm last night, guess the skipped athboy, will check again when i get home from work

do i have to reboot the modem before checking, hate doing it cause it take 2-3 mins to get working again, and i do get a bit excited when it comes to doubling my bb speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Just looked on Eircoms broadband support page and they are due to be carrying out some work on the Oranmore exchange on the 31st

http://dsl-support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=57&E=0000000000008950600&K=8018&SXI=5&case=8439&branch=4

Suppose you could live in hope that its your exchange thats at fault and not your line.

#Elites wrote:
    Guys check your ROUTER page, it probaly says the stock speed (mine does..) mabey its just the tests are wrong!

Ive checked the router configuration statistics and its giving me a Downstream Speed of 1024 kbps.

This is the result of the irishisptest.com/myspeed test.

stats.jpg

So.. Im feelin left out here.

I'm on Digiweb from the Ferrybank exchange and i've been upgraded.

Would there be any reason why the BT Service wouldnt have been upgraded off the same exchange?

Daemonic wrote:
    Since the upload speed has increased you may be getting the d/l speed you do because thats all your line can handle. Eircom, BT etc are providing RADSL (Rate Adaptive DSL) so the minimum d/l they guarentee is 256k.
    Check your modem/router settings and it will probably tell you the theoretical speed of your line, then you'll know for sure if the upgrade has taken place.

Nah, I live practically right on an exchange and its a pretty new line so there's no reason why shouldn't be the full whack. My friend who lives very close to me has 2mb bb no problem.

It's really quite annoying. Perhaps, hopefully, the reason mentioned above about work being carried out on the exchange will shed some light :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

still no upgrade, in fact its slower then ever

i am on btbb 1mb line in athboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

hate doing it cause it take 2-3 mins to get working again

:eek::rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭roo_photo

I used to get around 850kbs with Esat, but now its around 430!?:( I'm on the ROCHESTOWN exchange in Killiney.

Mysteriously my modems downstream speed claims to be only 512kbps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

my dl is still 1024 but my ul is 256, maybe im too far out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hey MobileInfantry, Im on the Oranmore exchange and I've been upgraded 3072/384

getting

2.69 down
    310 up

Im with Eircom though, not sure if that would help you.

When I moved in I had to bypass the internal wiring in the house and just hook up to the line that was coming in from the street, somthing inside the house was making me fail, after that i was fine.

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hey MobileInfantry, Im on the Oranmore exchange and I've been upgraded 3072/384

Yea I was in Oranmore for the weekend and where I was the new speeds were up 2048/256 -also an eircom line

Seven Worlds will Collide

Fcuk sake.....I got an email back today form BT, fair play to them they were fast about it, but they just told me....you should be on 2048....please ring bb tech help....etc.

And yeah, I used to have crappy problems with stuff like sky digi in the house interfering with modem but all that was sorted ages ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Dunshaughlin, done last night 2mbps down 256kbps up YAY :)

Downloaded now reduced to 320kps..not even dsl at this stage...upload increased again to 160....

Dunno what to think of the whole thing seeing as everyone else in my area is happily blasting away on 2048

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Blanchardstown here on BT

Still on 1024. Seems there is a problem with a piece of equipment at the exchange.

I mailed BT and they rang back and said Eircom are looking into it.

Just have to wait.

Anyone else in Blanchardstown in the same boat.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny IOLBB (BT)

Upstream Speed: 384 kbps
    Downstream Speed: 3072 kbps

Was on 128 up and 2024 down or something like that.

kleefarr wrote:
    Kilkenny IOLBB (BT)

Upstream Speed: 384 kbps
    Downstream Speed: 3072 kbps

Was on 128 up and 2024 down or something like that.

This thread is for us poor feckers who have not been upgraded.

Quit rubbing it in. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Hi,

I'm in the Blanch area..and mysteriously, my upload speed has doubled, at least according to the settings in my router(D-Link G604T) ...and since I don't game online, not much use to me..BUT ..my download speeds have halved!! from 1mb per sec to 512k!! have done the speed test online and this confirmed the speeds.

What gives?

Well i would not worry about the download spped measurement to much.

May want to do the test late at night or try downloading from ftp.heanet.ie

See what happens then.

Then again, could be the faulty equipment in the exchange.

Who knows what Eircom are doing to us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

This thread is for us poor feckers who have not been upgraded.

Quit rubbing it in. :eek:

Ah jeez, sorry.

I was just reading the thread and saw that someone had posted about their upgrade and followed suit.
    It may all change of course. It could be down to 512 and 64 for me tomorrow.;)

Hi,

I'm in the Blanch area..and mysteriously, my upload speed has doubled, at least according to the settings in my router(D-Link G604T) ...and since I don't game online, not much use to me..BUT ..my download speeds have halved!! from 1mb per sec to 512k!! have done the speed test online and this confirmed the speeds.

What gives?

Exact same here. Since yesterday my Dl has been decreasing to a measly 320kps....whilst uploading is creeping towards 200kbps! Not a clue what's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Yep..is very annoying!!

methinks a mail to BT is in order. I've looked thru the threads here and cant find any others bar us who are having this prob.

Is typical tho... i don't really care about the upload..and that works fine..

well... give it another day or so and then get angry...

Still stuck on 1 Meg, so I rang BT. They said basically they'll look into it but they suspect its an eircom problem in that my line will only take 1meg.

BUT.. Ive already had a pal of mine in eircom check the line and its capable of 5meg. BT wouldnt believe me so they're contacting the eircom engineers....

who will then check the same system and tell them its capable of a 5meg connection.

Can you see my frustration growing here?? :D :mad:

I have to ring their tech support tomorrow....see where it gets me. Playing Battlefield 2 tonight, lovely pings of about 25 - unfortunately not so lovely downloads about 22kb/s.

Frustration....

Although I rarely download anything really....so in theory makes no odds....but when I'm getting LESS then a quarter almost of what I should be getting I feel really mad about it!

ps - and BT got back to me via email to confirm I am capable of the full 2megs so....I honestly can't believe for the fuppin SECOND time i've been passed over with upgrades. Am I really that unlucky? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

can i please get the email address for customer care at BT?

Advertisement