Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of smokes

Options
  • 22-01-2006 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

afaik, shops make almost nothing on ciggy sales... and it's more of a bums-on-seats kind of thing.... get them in, get them spending.

20-boxes are 6.35 at my local shop.

I don't know exactly how much of the cost is tax, but I'd have a wild guess at about 50%+ :/

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I once paid 6.60 in a night club. Worst part was i pressed the benson button but got carrolls....at least i think i pressed the benson button!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Dimitri wrote:
    I once paid 6.60 in a night club. Worst part was i pressed the benson button but got carrolls....at least i think i pressed the benson button!
    Worse is vending machines in the UK, where you pay near the price of a 20 box, but only get a special 16-box Vending Pack :mad:

Advertisement