Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Why didnt i listen

• 22-01-2006 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I was told stay away from the V3 why didnt i listen....The phone cant even keep up with me its like a delayed reaction with typin texts and everything .......... Or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its not just you. i vote we start a petition to get motorola shut down.

i had quite an odd experience with a motorola today. in work (a phone shop) we kept hearing the motorola low battery sound from somewhere. first we established that it wasn't either of the v3's owned by staff (both faulty by the way). we established it wasnt any of the faulty phones by moving them and the noise still came from the counter. it turned out to be an old v300. not only was it off, but it wouldn't even turn on! the only sign of life was a low battery chime every five mins. all we could do to stop it was take the battery out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

The t9 text is shocking aswell. Its just sooooo slow with text, and if a message comes through when your in the middle of a text by the time select responses it opens the new txt and moves the other one in drafts before you finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

We warned you. :)

The whole interface is crappy. The way things work in the phone, like the text issue you mentioned, just does your head in. And every, single, fcuking Motorola phone is the same since the pre-v300 era, same bugs, same crappy gui, same rubbish style.

I agree we should start an anti-moto campaign :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

After I hear the message tone it takes a few seconds for me to be able to get the option to view the text, menus are PAINFUL, especially as you can only go through them at one speed. I have a few more days to see if I want to return this. I'm thinking I may... It looks fab but just is the most awkward, inefficient crappy little thing.

bring it back and get a decent phone. you wont regret it

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

its not just you. i vote we start a petition to get motorola shut down.

i had quite an odd experience with a motorola today. in work (a phone shop) we kept hearing the motorola low battery sound from somewhere. first we established that it wasn't either of the v3's owned by staff (both faulty by the way). we established it wasnt any of the faulty phones by moving them and the noise still came from the counter. it turned out to be an old v300. not only was it off, but it wouldn't even turn on! the only sign of life was a low battery chime every five mins. all we could do to stop it was take the battery out

As a matter of curiosity - if Motos are so bad why do two of your colleagues have them ?

i honestly don't know. they're silly people

edit: actually one of them got it for free in a staff competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I have the new Moto E770v and it's such a cute little phone, Im sure it wouldn't dare have any of the problems mentioned above ... ;)

the main problem with the e700v is it has dodgy bluetooth as you'll see on several threads on this forum

the main problem with the e700v is it has dodgy bluetooth as you'll see on several threads
    Just put a Bluetooth connection in on my setup so it's a bit early to comment ..... I did however note that at least one thread suggested it doesn't work at all :confused: which is a bit confusing because as far as duplicating everything I'm doing with a usb connection, it seems fine so far :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

the main problem with the e700v is it has dodgy bluetooth as you'll see on several threads on this forum

Both my e770v's hadn't any problems with bluetooth - in fact when I changed phones I used bluetooth to populate the new one will files sent from the old one.

Now over the weekend I had occasion to use bluetooth on a V3 and it was quite buggy - it often failed to recognise that a headset was in use. The same guy had to have another v3 exchanged as it was showing screen corruption.

why have you had two

One for me and one bought for Mrs.Parsi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

As already stated by Vimes and Infantry ... The V3 is just not worthy of your money. Go buy something buy Nokia or one of the new Sony Ericssons instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

We warned you. :)

The whole interface is crappy. The way things work in the phone, like the text issue you mentioned, just does your head in. And every, single, fcuking Motorola phone is the same since the pre-v300 era, same bugs, same crappy gui, same rubbish style.

I agree we should start an anti-moto campaign :D
    While you are at it, maybe we can start an anti-vodafone campaign as well. Their branding in general is awful, their service (when I have used it) is not much better then O2 or 3, they are the most expensive for prepay (not too sure about contract), they have reportedly the lousyest Customer service, their branded/customised handsets are diabolical. In short, they suck!

But VF do have the best MMS roaming which is useful for me.

By "best" you mean that they "have" MMS roaming?

Also, they do have generally good roaming rates for calls too.

Don't buy a Dell ....don't fly Ryanair .... don't use Intel ..... don't use Windows .... don't buy a Moto .... don't use Voda .... :rolleyes:

Can I keep my doggie ? .....

your man in the piccie of course .... :)

...... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

While you are at it, maybe we can start an anti-vodafone campaign as well. Their branding in general is awful, their service (when I have used it) is not much better then O2 or 3, they are the most expensive for prepay (not too sure about contract), they have reportedly the lousyest Customer service, their branded/customised handsets are diabolical. In short, they suck!

For balance as a VF customer - I'd point out that they are the only op to have prepay 3G, for all intents and purposes they are as dear as o2 to the extent that there is no difference between them, their cust care is miles better than 3 or Meteor - on a par with 02 (not that that is particulary good) - but their range of handsets is the best (especially on prepay)

pj_samba wrote:
    For balance as a VF customer - I'd point out that they are the only op to have prepay 3G, for all intents and purposes they are as dear as o2 to the extent that there is no difference between them, their cust care is miles better than 3 or Meteor - on a par with 02 (not that that is particulary good) - but their range of handsets is the best (especially on prepay)

i've found 3 customer care to be fantastic. most of the experience i've had with vodafone customer care is asking for unlock codes so mostly i've seen them lie a lot

1. they have to send away and it'll take a week
    2. they have to post it out
    3. they can't get it
    4. 3 has data transfer charges

among many others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ciaranfo wrote:
    By "best" you mean that they "have" MMS roaming?

Also, they do have generally good roaming rates for calls too.

I have used O2 roaming MMS when in France and UK and had no problems at all. :confused:

According to O2 they don't have MMS roaming at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ciaranfo wrote:
    According to O2 they don't have MMS roaming at all.

Strange :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This is why I stayed with Nokia and got a Nokia 6680 instead of anything made by Motorola...dispite the fact they look really nice!

I've used several Motorola phones over the years and all of them were sluggish when entering text. I suspect that the processor is too slow for the operating system its running.

Managed to swop the V3 for a 6630 today.....Even though i will miss the style of the v3

Managed to swop the V3 for a 6630 today.....Even though i will miss the style of the v3

it doesn't matter how stylish a phone is if its on your desk at home not turning on

What ya mean not turning on?

What ya mean not turning on?

having read back i remember that your having motorola problem number 15430, slow interface, not problem number 4281634, not turning on. i apologise. i meant that theres no point having a nice looking phone if it doesn't work properly

• Advertisement
Advertisement