Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever get a line in your head from a show..

• 22-01-2006 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

.. and it just sticks there driving you mad?

Myself and a mate of mine were in college the other morning and for some reason, the line from "The War Of The Simpsons" being:

"She doesn't cook, she doesn't clean. She's the Queen of the Harpies! Queen of the Harpies, Queen of the Harpies! Here's your crown, your majesty!"

We found the WAV of it online.. played it a few times and had a giggle. Now, i've been using constantly all weekend!

Pretty pointless post, i know.. but this is a problem which needs to be confronted (:D).. similar to the last song you hear on the radio before you leave the house / car being stuck in your head for the day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes, happens all the time.

last time it happened it was peter's (family guy) song on the bus to which i couldn't remember the last two lines but once i got home and watch the episode again it brought a smile to my face.

ridin' on a bus,
    ridin' on a bus,
    sittin' next to bums,
    there's an open seat,
    hope that isn't pee.

classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Max Power Hes the man whos name youd love to touch.
    But you musnt touch
    Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dental Plan... Lisa needs braces... Dental Plan... Lisa needs braces... Dental Plan... Lisa needs braces... Dental Plan... Lisa needs braces... Dental Plan... Lisa needs braces... Dental Plan... Lisa needs braces...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Possibly one of the best lines ever in the simpsons

Me so Hungy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

basquille wrote:
    "She doesn't cook, she doesn't clean. She's the Queen of the Harpies! Queen of the Harpies, Queen of the Harpies! Here's your crown, your majesty!"

Actually lifted from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" so there's a useless bit of info for you.

Not usually succeptable to these kind of mantras but there was one time when I found myself saying "Leeser" (ie JFK saying 'Lisa') under my breath for about a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

"The king of England could come in here and start pushing you around, do you want that? Do you?" *shoves her* "Huh?" *shoves harder*
    *defeatedly*"...No"
    Me and my college ilk have been saying (and miming the actions to) that for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

lots of family guy
    from when meg comes down the stairs and says how nobody pays attention to her- peter goes "who was that guy"

"hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it"

"i like your hat"

i know theres no reason why i would get these in my head but i always say them without thinking whenever the opportunity arises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i have bucket loads of familly guy quotes

"spot on, spot on"

"i'm gonna cut you up so bad, your gonna wish i hadn't cut you up so bad"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Family Guy:
    "Stewie, I thought I tucked you in an hour ago"
    "Not tightly enough it would seem"

That's been embedded in my skull since the first time I heard it.

Futurama: (paraphrasing)
    "And it's a quantum finish and the winner is..."
    "Hey no fair! You changed the result by measuring it!"

Simpsons:
    "It's a perfectly cromulent word."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

It's from the family guy movie@

Peter: Hey Roseanne, where are the kids?
    Roseanne: Well, dan, the Kidsh are (It's then 20 seconds of pure gibberish and for about 2 weeks me and my mate kept doing it on the school bus. God it was funny)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

One from South Park. The episode where they steal the teeth to make money and the ADA are outside in a surveillance van. One of them says"OK,is everyone in position?" and the guy at the Control Panel says "UM...Which button do I press again?" with his crossed and then seeing him try to explain what he's done.Classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I have been saying these on and off for the past couple of months:

Simpsons: I repeat the "Nyes! That's what we wanted you to think! Hahahahahaha!" from this scene when I'm asked a question. When I'm asked where I'm going, I reply with "Must. Crush. Capitalism. Grrr.....".

South Park: I'm very fond of the "Mr. Scientist" phrase. Especially its sarcastic tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

For about two years in college, a group of us would respond to a question or statement from someone else by saying "Exaaaactly" like Homer when he auditioned to play Mr Burns in "A Star is Burns" and was supposed to say "Excellent". A very clever and witty thing to repeat the same obscure gag constantly to people who have no idea what your referring to....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Not really from an actual tv show. South Park - Bigger,longer & uncut. The whole " Shut your F**king Face, Unkle F**ker" song. Really catchy and gets deep into your head once you remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

"So's your face" from scrubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I quote the Simpsons more than I talk to my own family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I do the bit where homer out-negotiates burns during the strike, where hes walking around the floor in a circle
    "whhoooppppwwoooppwooopwooopwoooop"

and I like to throw the odd "lookin good, boys" in from time to time. And from family guy "I'm so hungry I could ride a horse"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

Ahh the Simpsons. :D

"Dental plan! Lisa needs braces!"

"We're number one! We're number one! In your face, space coyote!"

"Hello Joe!"

"Steamed clams!"

"Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts."
    "Explain how!"
    "Money can be exchanged for goods and services"

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

they only come out at night...or in this case the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Good line for when when you take the piss out of a mate or do something spectacular: "now who's the dean?" < taken from one of the college episodes.

/edit also "everyone is an idiot except me is one i like to say" and "you are a stupid head" also taken from a college episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Simpsons: Nothing at all, Nothing at all, Nothing at all, Nothing at all....

Family Guy: When Peter is talking about Denis Rodman having sex with you "No matter how much you struggle, Its gonna happen"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

For years I've noticed that when random simpsons quotes pop into my head out of nowhere, that episode is usually on TV either later that day or the day after.
    So many times I'd be sitting there watching an episode and I'd pick up on a line and think "hey, I was just thinking about that last night..."
    So I either think too much about simpsons quotes, or watch the show too much... or I have some amazing psychic powers.

Todays quote is from Homer and Mindy stuck in the lift together...
    "So I guess we'll be going down together..."
    "...I mean getting off together..."
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

For years I've noticed that when random simpsons quotes pop into my head out of nowhere, that episode is usually on TV either later that day or the day after.
    So many times I'd be sitting there watching an episode and I'd pick up on a line and think "hey, I was just thinking about that last night..."
    So I either think too much about simpsons quotes, or watch the show too much... or I have some amazing psychic powers.

I get that feeling all the time too. Then you start having other small coincideces and you believe you have supernatural powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah me too, I was going to say that when I posted originally, but thought it would sound like I was crazy - guess I was right :D
    seriously, its weird the way it happens so often. Then again, with so many quotes, and so many episodes being shown..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

basquille wrote:

We found the WAV of it online.. played it a few times and had a giggle. Now, i've been using constantly all weekend!

You'd never post the link to that would you. Its really funny.

Ones which i find myself saying quite a bit are

"So the cops knew internal affaiers were setting them up?" (much to the chagrin of my ol doll)

And

"They werent all happy days...................................."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gimmick wrote:
    You'd never post the link to that would you. Its really funny.
    There you go... classic Simpsons line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

From one of the newer episodes of Family Guy.

Peter: "Meg....... who let you back in the house?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Not really a "stick in your head" kinda one... but without a shadow of a doubt the funniest I've heard (from FG)...

My mate Brian was late for his gf's birthday bash... and had to do 2hrs extra in work, and his bike broke down so he ended up running from the city centre home.... and upthe stairs for a shower and change.... pounded in the doorway of the sitting room (where I was calmly waiting for him having a smoke!) and I asked what happened, to which he replies (panting and totally out of breath)....

tales-from-the-toybox-chicken-fight-20050728001324757.jpg
    "Chicken...... gave me a........ bad coupon......!"

I F**kin' fell about the place laughin..... :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

^^^^^^^^Thats classic, (not gonna quote it and annoy everyone)

Anyway i recently got a new one in my head from family guy
    "i once knew a guy who bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later. Bam! Herpes "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

One for family guy that sticks out is a line from stewie to lois
    "And as for you, well i just plain dont like you"
    Southpark: "oh jessus crise" (mr slave)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

"Jimmy, were you masturbating?"
    "No, dad!"
    "Ok then, you have a visitor... are you sure you weren't masturbating, Jim?" :D Where would we be without South Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

One which Im looking for a sound file to

Helen Lovejoy : We cant talk about S-E-X in front of the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n

Krusty looking startled : SEX CAULDRON? I thought the closed that place down?

brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I love some of the FG quotes from the film:

Wilfred Brimley: "hello, I'm Wilfred Brimley and I have diabetes, it hurts me to pee and causes me to be short with my family. the other day I stubbed my toe and took it out on the dog. 2 weeks ago I ran out of ice-cream and struck my wife. then I find out my wife's been dead for 6 years... WHO THE HELL DID I HIT?"

Al Harrington: "WHACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!, WHACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!, WHACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!, WHACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN! Hello, I'm Al Harrington, president and CEO of Al Harrington's Whacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man emporium and warehouses. due to a shipping error, I am not overstocked on Whacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man and am passing the savings on to YOOUUUUUU! attract ppl to your business, make a splash at your next presentation, keep grandma company, fool your neighbours, African/American? hail a cab, testify in church or just RAISE THE ROOF. whatever your Whacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man needs, come down to Al Harrington's Whacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man emporium and warehouses, north east on WICHAPHOG!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

Stewie from Family Guy:

"We'll then my goal becomes clear, the brocelli must die ....."

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

The Simpsons So long dental plan. Lisa needs braces. Dental Plan, Lisa needs braces. etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry to drag this thread up but had to get this out as it's been stuck in my head all week - The George / Jerry Stickler-Tickler dialogue from Family Guy

Simple solution for those who don't know it - click here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Nineteen dickety two.--Abe Simpson. Anytime i'm asked what year something happened it just comes out. "We had to say dickety 'cos the Kaiser had stolen our word for twenty!" Grampa rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

At the moment i have Apu's line about the dirty, out of date hot dog:

Apu: "Oh, it is encrusted with filth...

or "Oooh a head bag. Chock full off....heady goodness!"

I think im going crackers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Great Grandpa Simpson: Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day.
    Grandpa Simspon:Later that day we moved to America

(Or something along those lines!)

Advertisement