Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jealous friends???

• 22-01-2006 3:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This may be a bit long. I apologise in advance.

I was out with a few women friends the other night. One of them Ive known for a long time, we went to school together, we share certain bonds, like both lost parents young, both grew up without money, both grew up with alcoholism in the family, so we were close in that traumatic way.

Anyway - she turned on me out of the blue. I told her her friend needs to cop on if she wants to get anywhere with this guy she was talking about THE WHOLE NIGHT. I mean come on we're not in 1st year, we should be beyond over analysing text messages, and insecurity that would make your head spin. I thought I was being practical and this woman asked for opinions. But my friend got aggressive with me to the tune of HOW DARE YOU JUDGE MY FRIEND, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HER blah blah, I was stunned in a WTF way. And told her she was being aggressive and this was no way to end the night. I make a point of not fighting or being aggressive when there is drink involved and I am used to most people being the same. She was truly being a bitch. Its hard to portray tone here.

At first I thought she was lashing out at me because I told her I didnt like her boyfriend, [hes a racist- he dumped her once after she told him she had slept with a blackman, he has a child he never sees, hes an acoholic, the list contintues....] but it doesnt match up. I dont harp on about it. I gave my opinion and thats it. And I gave her my opinion over 2 months ago.

But another friend of mine thinks its jealousy. That I have more "va va voom " [her words not mine] when it comes to men and Im not desperate for one. This girl is very overweight, has a lot of sexual experience but no relationship experience. And I think this may be the case. Im not being arrogant because I dont think its because Im hot stuff or anything, but because she is desperate and is not good at holding onto relationships. And because she is very overweight.

But Im wondering, girls have you had to deal with this kind of jealousy from girlfriends. I dont see men having to deal with this crap. How do you deal w/it. I think she should apologise, and I would even say it bordered on abusive what she did, but I dont want to lose a friend either, which may be all part of her boyfriends plan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

we tend not to give our opinion unless asked for it.
    and actually, its because we are not that interested in it.

and apparently its because you think she fat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

we tend not to give our opinion unless asked for it.
    and actually, its because we are not that interested in it.

and apparently its because you think she fat...

the jealous ones are always fat.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

fedup06 wrote:

A I mean come on we're not in 1st year, we should be beyond over analysing text messages, and insecurity that would make your head spin.

I mean yeah like totally we're way beyiond all that, but still immature enough to log on to internet and talk gibberish about some silly argument you had on a night out with the girls and have every tom dick and harry on boards comment on it...

christ this really should just be a sub forum of the humour forum, hillarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

When people ask for advice, they often just want to have their own beliefs enforced. Remember that in future.

Advertisement